Northwest Arkansas Naturals

mfoster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas League President Tom Kayser was a guest on the Springfield Cardinals' broadcast a couple of nights ago and said he might be making a stop there some time next week for a press conference for the Naturals to unveil their logos. We should know something in the next week. He joked their primary color is red (Springfield, Wichita and Arkansas all use red as their primary color and all are in the TL's North Division).

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Texas League President Tom Kayser was a guest on the Springfield Cardinals' broadcast a couple of nights ago and said he might be making a stop there some time next week for a press conference for the Naturals to unveil their logos. We should know something in the next week. He joked their primary color is red (Springfield, Wichita and Arkansas all use red as their primary color and all are in the TL's North Division).

Great more red. Now are league will really be a lot more like the big leagues. <_<

Though, we always wanted Springfield to play like St. Louis, too... and unfortunately we're now getting our wish...

The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are set to unveil their logo at 12:30 on Tuesday, May 29, at Randal Tyson Park in Springdale.

The Naturals will begin serving food at noon. The event is open to the public.

"We have worked as a franchise to develop a new identity for this team which will undoubtedly make all its fans proud, and revolutionize Minor League Baseball logos across America," said Eric Edelstein, General Manager of the Springdale, Arkansas based club, "The future in Northwest Arkansas will become much more real to everyone Tuesday."

The logo was designed by Phoenix Design Works out of New York City. Phoenix Design is led by graphic designer James Skiles. Skiles has worked with the University of Arkansas on a number of projects. Phoenix Design currently has five of their logo's in use in Major League Baseball, but Tuesday's announcement will mark their first Minor League Baseball logo.

Merchandise will be available for purchase.

In the event of rain, the unveiling will be held at the Holiday Inn in Springdale.

so wichita is not gonna have a minor league team next year?? u think a big city like that would still have one right???

If I remember correctly, Orlando hasn't had a team since 2003. And they have a nice park there too. On Disney property where the Braves have Spring Training.

Most likely the Northern League, American Association, Frontier League, or the United League will place a team there.

My bet is the American Association. Just to stick it to the NoL.

I didn't know there was a new American Association. I thought that league folded 10 years ago and split their teams amongst the International League and the Pacific Coast League.

And about the name... why not the Springdale Naturals?

so wichita is not gonna have a minor league team next year?? u think a big city like that would still have one right???

If I remember correctly, Orlando hasn't had a team since 2003. And they have a nice park there too. On Disney property where the Braves have Spring Training.

Most likely the Northern League, American Association, Frontier League, or the United League will place a team there.

My bet is the American Association. Just to stick it to the NoL.

I didn't know there was a new American Association. I thought that league folded 10 years ago and split their teams amongst the International League and the Pacific Coast League.

And about the name... why not the Springdale Naturals?

The Affiliated Triple-A league disbanded and dispersed. This is a reformed Independent League.

I think they wanted to market themselves more towards the entire population-hotbed of NW Ark. Plus Springdale just sounds to close to Springfield and we were here first, so... ^_^

Although their choice of name is close to the Arkansas Travelers, though I feel they should change to Little Rock. Their road jerseys say Little Rock, both jerseys have an LR patch. Their hats used to have an A and a traveler, but now has the LR with a star and North written across (their new park is in North Little Rock.) They have no reference to the Arkansas part of their name and should just change to Little Rock and allow for NW Ark. to shorten to a more appropriate Arkansas. Just my $.02.

Archived