Interesting Russell Placement

timparry

I was at the New York Dragons - Philadelphia Soul game today and saw something I never saw before.

The Soul has a logo above the nameplate, like the Arizona Cardinals do (tough to see it in this photo). So Russell placed its logo between the nameplate and the numbers:

IMG_5392a.jpg

Sign of the times? Or will this be restricted to college and arena teams that don't place the branded logos on the sleeves?

Rigoddamdiculous.

I'd rather football put the manufacturer logo above the nameplate than on the sleeves, where they often times compete with actual team logos. I never had an issue with teams putting their logo up there (Soul, AZ Cards, etc.) but I never thought that something like this would be a consequence.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was at the New York Dragons - Philadelphia Soul game today and saw something I never saw before.

The Soul has a logo above the nameplate, like the Arizona Cardinals do (tough to see it in this photo). So Russell placed its logo between the nameplate and the numbers:

IMG_5392a.jpg

Sign of the times? Or will this be restricted to college and arena teams that don't place the branded logos on the sleeves?

The NFL has specific rules that restrict logos to the sleeves.

It's unlikely you'll see it in college because NCAA rules state that there can only be one 1 1/4 sq. inch logo per piece of apparel. A company could put their logo there, but the companies get much more visability with their one logo when its on the front of the jersey.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived