Fairfax Kangaroos VS Highland Capitals

goalieboy82

here is a press release about the games that the fairfax kangaroos will be playing in july against a team from Scotland.

For Immediate Release

Washington, DC Tel: (202) 498-6590 Mobil: (703) 786-6830

WASHINGTON AREA INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT TO FEATURE HIGHLAND CAPITALS OF INVERNESS, SCOTLAND

The Fairfax Kangaroos Hockey Club (FKHC) of Fairfax, Virginia, are pleased to host the Washington Area International Amateur Hockey Tournament (WAIAHT), and are grateful the Highland Capitals of Inverness, Scotland have accepted their invitation to play in this charity tournament. The WAIAHT is to be held in Reston, Virginia from July 13 through July 22, 2007 to benefit both the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Highland Hospice.

For nearly one year, the two teams have been planning to square off in multiple matches for charity, and they hope their international exchange will inspire more people to step up for worthy charities like the JDRF and hospice-based charities they intend to benefit from their event.

Allison Reynolds with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation said, ?We are so grateful the FHKC and the Highland Capitals of Inverness are supporting our work. Juvenile (type 1) diabetes strikes children suddenly, makes them insulin dependent for life, and carries the constant threat of devastating complications such as stroke, blindness, and amputation. JDRF?s mission is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. The Washington area Capitol Chapter is well known for its annual Walks to Cure Diabetes which are some of the largest, most efficient, and most family-friendly fundraising Walks in the region. Organizations, corporations, unions and families build large teams of co-workers, friends and associates, with each team member raising money toward an overall team total. In 2006, the participants in the Capitol Chapter?s Walk raised more than $1.4 million for diabetes research! Every bit of effort makes a difference.?

Gillian Kelly, a nine year old hockey player from the Reston Raiders (children?s) Hockey Club added, "I am so happy that the Highlanders hockey team is coming to visit and play here in Northern Virginia. I am especially happy that they are going to help us raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. I was diagnosed with this in December 2006 and have been learning a lot about how to take care of myself. But, my biggest dream is that we find a cure for it soon so that I can just be back to my old self. I love hockey, and my brothers and I play on teams in Reston, and am really excited that a hockey game will actually be helping me and kids like me all over the world."

William Meaux, spokesman for the FKHC said, ?As a hockey coach, I have known children like Gillian and families struck by juvenile diabetes, and I have seen the impact of this disease on them. I am so pleased we are dedicating the tournament to the work of the JDRF and the charity of our guests, the Highland Hospice. We plan to invite the entire Washington area ?Celtic? community to support and cheer our friends from Scotland too. Of course, we?ll play to win, but every child who must endure juvenile diabetes will be the real winners of the tournament. We are excited to host our friends from Scotland and will play to benefit both charities.?

James McIlWraith, Captain of the Highland Capitals of Inverness added ?As a father of four, I can really understand the need to support children and their parents who hold so much hope in the work of the JDRF, and so we are honored to associate ourselves with this benefit. We are also very pleased to have the opportunity to use our participation in this tournament in the hometown of our US hosts to benefit our own home city?s hospice charity. We are so pleased to travel to the United States to play hockey and support these worthy causes.?

The Washington Area International Hockey Tournament is scheduled from July 13 through July 22, 2007 at the Skatequest Ice Arena of Reston, Virginia. For more information and further detail about related events to benefit the charities, go to http://www.highlandcapitals.com or http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FHLKangaroos .

END

so long and thanks for all the fish.

here is a press release about the games that the fairfax kangaroos will be playing in july against a team from Scotland.

For Immediate Release

Washington, DC Tel: (202) 498-6590 Mobil: (703) 786-6830

WASHINGTON AREA INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT TO FEATURE HIGHLAND CAPITALS OF INVERNESS, SCOTLAND

The Fairfax Kangaroos Hockey Club (FKHC) of Fairfax, Virginia, are pleased to host the Washington Area International Amateur Hockey Tournament (WAIAHT), and are grateful the Highland Capitals of Inverness, Scotland have accepted their invitation to play in this charity tournament. The WAIAHT is to be held in Reston, Virginia from July 13 through July 22, 2007 to benefit both the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Highland Hospice.

For nearly one year, the two teams have been planning to square off in multiple matches for charity, and they hope their international exchange will inspire more people to step up for worthy charities like the JDRF and hospice-based charities they intend to benefit from their event.

Allison Reynolds with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation said, “We are so grateful the FHKC and the Highland Capitals of Inverness are supporting our work. Juvenile (type 1) diabetes strikes children suddenly, makes them insulin dependent for life, and carries the constant threat of devastating complications such as stroke, blindness, and amputation. JDRF’s mission is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. The Washington area Capitol Chapter is well known for its annual Walks to Cure Diabetes which are some of the largest, most efficient, and most family-friendly fundraising Walks in the region. Organizations, corporations, unions and families build large teams of co-workers, friends and associates, with each team member raising money toward an overall team total. In 2006, the participants in the Capitol Chapter’s Walk raised more than $1.4 million for diabetes research! Every bit of effort makes a difference.”

Gillian Kelly, a nine year old hockey player from the Reston Raiders (children’s) Hockey Club added, "I am so happy that the Highlanders hockey team is coming to visit and play here in Northern Virginia. I am especially happy that they are going to help us raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. I was diagnosed with this in December 2006 and have been learning a lot about how to take care of myself. But, my biggest dream is that we find a cure for it soon so that I can just be back to my old self. I love hockey, and my brothers and I play on teams in Reston, and am really excited that a hockey game will actually be helping me and kids like me all over the world."

William Meaux, spokesman for the FKHC said, “As a hockey coach, I have known children like Gillian and families struck by juvenile diabetes, and I have seen the impact of this disease on them. I am so pleased we are dedicating the tournament to the work of the JDRF and the charity of our guests, the Highland Hospice. We plan to invite the entire Washington area “Celtic” community to support and cheer our friends from Scotland too. Of course, we’ll play to win, but every child who must endure juvenile diabetes will be the real winners of the tournament. We are excited to host our friends from Scotland and will play to benefit both charities.”

James McIlWraith, Captain of the Highland Capitals of Inverness added “As a father of four, I can really understand the need to support children and their parents who hold so much hope in the work of the JDRF, and so we are honored to associate ourselves with this benefit. We are also very pleased to have the opportunity to use our participation in this tournament in the hometown of our US hosts to benefit our own home city’s hospice charity. We are so pleased to travel to the United States to play hockey and support these worthy causes.”

The Washington Area International Hockey Tournament is scheduled from July 13 through July 22, 2007 at the Skatequest Ice Arena of Reston, Virginia. For more information and further detail about related events to benefit the charities, go to http://www.highlandcapitals.com or http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FHLKangaroos .

END

Good luck with the tourney and the causes you are raising money for. You might want to have someone proofread your press release before you send it next time, though.

Archived