EZ Street's Burlington Royals Concept

Ez Street

This year my beloved Kansas City Royals are the parent franchise of the former Burlington Indians of the Applachian League.

When they aquired the franchise I had hoped they'd come up with another great identity for Minor League baseball. Well they failed....BAD.

Here is the logo they currently will sport............

burlington_royals_2.jpg

BAD, like I said.

This is my concept......

burlingtonset.jpg

Comments please.

It's not very original, but it's a Kansas City Royals minor league affiliate so it works very nicely. I'm really impressed with the "Burlington" script and how you managed to make it look identical to the "Royals" script.

Only minor but noticeable criticism I have is that the underscore on the Burlington script seems a little narrower than on the Royals. If you could fatten it up to match the Royals script that would complete the look.

stoneraizersig.jpg

I def. like yours alot better. Their concept really doesn't fit with the MLB royals at all. Usually a minor league team would in some incorporate the MLB team (Scranton WB Yankees).

Your "B" script on the hat looks good ans really resembles the "R" script. Also the blue in their concept looks a little different that the Royals. All in all your conept is really nice - Clean, Sharp, Classy MLB uniforms. :)

Oh, didn't notice that difference in underscores between Royals and Kansas City. My bad. :blush: In that case, I'd add in the white outline to the Burlington on the road jersey so that it matches perfectly.

Great attention to detail that I missed. :hockeysmiley:

stoneraizersig.jpg

Probably gonna leave it the way it is.

Without the white outline it looks more minor league-ish. Like they didn't want to spend the extrat money to put an outline around it.

One thing that still bothers me is the "B". I'm not sure I am still happy enough with it.

The "r" in Burlington may not be correct in the world of cursive script, but I like it.

I've wanted to make a "Topeka" version for :censored:s and giggles. But that would be difficult to make the "T" and "k".

Probably gonna leave it the way it is.

Without the white outline it looks more minor league-ish. Like they didn't want to spend the extrat money to put an outline around it.

One thing that still bothers me is the "B". I'm not sure I am still happy enough with it.

The "r" in Burlington may not be correct in the world of cursive script, but I like it.

I've wanted to make a "Topeka" version for :censored:s and giggles. But that would be difficult to make the "T" and "k".

I don't know if it would be too hard, I managed to turn "Royals" into "Loyola" for my college baseball concept series last year.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well in honesty, I took the "Kansas City" & "Royals" scripts from Chris's site and made the letters i needed. It was a bit difficult on a few, but it worked.

"Topeka" presents a tougher challenge. Like I stated before the "T" and "k" are pretty big hurdles.

For the T you could start with the Blue Jays T on their alts as a base, I think that would work well. For a lower case K, proper cursive actually has a loop for the top diagonal in the "k", so you could actually start with the Royals uppercase R, shrink it to form the bottom part and then add a line to the top of it. You'll have to tweak it obviously to look right, but it's a good base to start with.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Well, this is interesting.....

David,

The logos were created before the new front office staff arrived here in

November. The logo in which you speak is only one of three logos used by

the team and has been used sparingly since that time. Another "business

logo" is used more often.

You are more than welcome to send your logo via email. It will not be used

this season, but will have the potential of being used for the 2008 season

if changes are made. Thank you.

Burlington Royals

P.O. Box 1143