What a great night!

sacker12

Tonight, I worked the baseball game against La.-Monroe here at Troy. Tonight's in-game promotion was a drawing for an autographed game-worn jersey signed by our head baseball coach, Bobby Pierce. Better yet, it was the actual jersey that he wore during games.

All of the fans that came to the game had to buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win the jersey. However, the event manager of the game gave the student workers, including me, several raffle tickets for free. The winning ticket number for the jersey was going to be announced at the end of the 7th inning, so I told him that I would have to leave when my shift was over in the middle of the 5th. However, I told him to call me if I was the winner of the jersey.

After doing some work in the equipment room, I then went back to the game to give the event manager my timecard. He then told me that he's been trying to call me on my cellphone to tell me that I had the winning ticket. So, at the end of the 7th inning of tonight's game, I became the proud owner of an authentic Troy baseball jersey.

I don't have a photo of the actual jersey, but here is an action photo of our coach wearing the jersey. This is so freaking cool.

coachpierce.jpg

that's cool, the closest thing like that for me is when southwest missouri state had a garage sale for their name change and i got to buy a bunch of game worn jerseys cheap. congratulations on a cool looking jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sms.gif

Nice jersey, but those hats are awesome. I've been trying to order one for a while on the website, but they either never have my size or they are sold out.

Unfortunately, we quit using the black and white hats a few years back (which sucks because I wore out the hat that I had in that style). In our campus bookstore, they sell a cardinal hat with white panels in the front (primary home), a cardinal hat with a black bill (road hat), and a white hat with a cardinal bill (Sunday home). They are sold at the school bookstore for 20 bucks. Their number is 334-670-3223.

Archived