My new resumé

Mings

See I was thinking about ditching the non-related jobs. But what would I put in there to explain the time-gap between design related jobs?

That's a tough call. You want to show that you were doing something, but I don't think the other jobs add any useful information.

I'd stick to just the design jobs, and really put some thought into showing what you accomplished while you were there.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

See I was thinking about ditching the non-related jobs. But what would I put in there to explain the time-gap between design related jobs?

Joe's right. To that end, you could maybe go with a functional/reverse chronological hybrid resume rather than just the reverse chronological. That puts the focus more on what you've done rather than where/how long you've worked and provides the added benefit of kinda helping play down gaps in your work history, too.

My resume sucks, as evident by the fact I don't get called for interviews, but trust me on this one :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Another question? Is it wise to put my own "company" on there? Basically the freelance stuff I have done for pay. It would show design skills and illustrator skills, but I don't know how wise it is to show self employment so to speak.

Another question? Is it wise to put my own "company" on there? Basically the freelance stuff I have done for pay. It would show design skills and illustrator skills, but I don't know how wise it is to show self employment so to speak.

As long as the work is relevant, yes.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived