UC Irvine comes up huge!

Hauglid13

I'm willing to bet that College Baseball is the toughest championship to defend. Since each school gets only 11-12 baseball scholarships (I think), the smaller schools/conferences are able to not just compete with, but consistently field teams comparable to those of the big-boy conferences. Also, the best high-school baseball players usually go straight to minor league baseball, and the best college players can get drafted after a couple years in college. It's not often you'll see a lot of seniors on a college baseball roster.

And to have the two teams that played in last season's Championship Series return to this year's Championship Series is incredible.

I'm willing to bet that College Baseball is the toughest championship to defend. Since each school gets only 11-12 baseball scholarships (I think), the smaller schools/conferences are able to not just compete with, but consistently field teams comparable to those of the big-boy conferences. Also, the best high-school baseball players usually go straight to minor league baseball, and the best college players can get drafted after a couple years in college. It's not often you'll see a lot of seniors on a college baseball roster.

And to have the two teams that played in last season's Championship Series return to this year's Championship Series is incredible.

11.7 scholarships to be exact. Odd number. Then there's also the open-transfer rule that I think is going to get repealed this year.

Wow. They went into last year having only 1 Nat'l Championship in school history. Now they have 3, two by the baseball squad. And considering that, like hedley said, defending the college baseball championship is RIDICULOUSLY hard, they have 2 amazing titles to claim. Good for OSU.

We could very well have a UNC-OSU rematch in the 3-game CWS Final Series.

and we will. Prediction: Beavers over Tar Heels in a 2 game sweep.

Predicted it perfect.

Congrats to OSU. Great season.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

yeah OSU deserved a championship, and has worked their butt off for it. Although I don't like OSU, I'd rather see my boys of the Eater Nation win the national championship, but what can I do about it.

Don't worry. UC-Irvine will win one in a few years.

Yeah, it's just usually a matter of time before all of the good teams lose their best players and whatnot. But then there are the colleges that are always recruiting the best players around the nation from high schools. Oh well though, they made a great run and I'm more than positive they'll win one soon with their performance this year.

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

Archived