Yet Another Hamilton Predator Concept

Bleujayone

I wanted to give the Predators a similar theme to that of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL. I adopted a logo more similar to the Ti-Cats and adopted their colors outright. I thought about this mainly because the Maple Leafs and Argos are colored similarly and I thought the rivalry between Hamilton and Toronto in CFL football could more easily carry over to NHL Hockey (not that I think it would really need any help).

Template: This is actually a combo of two templates created by two other Creamerites on this board (Speedy & KaTo) . I want to give them the credit they deserve for doing so because without it I wouldn't be able to put this concept together. I wanted the slash marks on the sides of the jerseys to imitate the saber-toothed tiger stripes. The secondary logo would be on the shoulders as well as the pants, but I couldn't squeeze them on in the picture.

Hamilton Predator Unis

Team Logos: I ditched their Nashville primary logo and skull secondary in favor of their logo from their mustard alternate jersey. After recoloring it in the Tiger-Cats' scheme it look better and more related. The secondary logo is that of a hammer & anvil which I thought would fit well with the whole "Steel City, Canada" identity Hamilton has. I took it from the fictitious Detroit Ironmen football team from the movie The Replacements

Hamilton Predator Primary Logo

Team Colors: Basically I copied the Hamilton Tiger-Cats colors including the rarely used red (although they did use it as trim on their 3rd jersey last season). I didn't want to look exactly like the Tiger-Cats uniforms mainly because the Boston Bruins already do and because obvious rival Ottawa already has a pretty solid black scheme. (On a side note I always thought the Senators should have gold helmets partially because #1 it's in their logo and with a slight modification the centurion's helmet could look more like a hockey helmet, and #2 because nobody does and I think it would be more distinctive.

Is it perfect? Not by any means. But if the Predators are going to keep the name, I figure a few changes might make it seem more appropriate to its new city.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

My only complaints are that the colors are a little bit too close to Calgary's for my tastes and that the Alternate logo doesn't seem to have anything to do with the team, even though it does have to do with the city. Despite the fact it has to do with the city, it doesn't quite work for me.

The logos are great, though. I love the new colors aside from the idea they look similar to the Flames'.

The shoulder logo and main logo are fantastic, great work. The only thing I dont like is the red in the jersey. Like someone said, its to much like the Flames. Maybe make it black, gold and silver or something.

And patsox, alternate logos dont always have to do with the team name, look at Calgarys "horse head" logo. Also, the foot on the Avs jersey etc. The shoulder logo is great and its rich in city history.

1 more thing, ditch the red sox on the away jersey.

Archived