Hockey with the Blues going verticle

karby65

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is indisputably an excellent package, and it is certainly not unreasonable to rank it in the top-tier or even as "the best" (though I find such absolutes very difficult to justify in such a subjective environment.)

How about some history? A) the uniform are only about 8 years old, B ) they've never won :censored: in them, C) they're coming off some of the worst uniforms in the history of the sport

I mean really? That doesn't count for anything? The Habs, Rangers, Red Wings and Blackhawks all have *AT LEAST* as good of design as the Blues, and all have so much more history behind them (and have been around for virtually forever).

It can even be argued, if you throw ALL that out, that the Wild still have a better set than the Blues. Yes, they're nice jerseys, but they're lucky if it's the top five in their SPORT, let alone all of sports. Let's keep some perspective here.

Please re-read my post and then reconsider your reply. I don't think you could have missed the point any more if you tried.

I wasn't saying anything is the best, just that it is good enough that it isn't unreasonable for someone to personally consider it the best (as opposed to say the Buffalo Bills mess, where not even a blind homer could justify a high grade for it.)

Also, when judging design, IMHO the team's success and history of the jersey means less than nothing. You have to evaluate these things in a vacuum.

Of course history has something to do with it. Why do most of us prefer traditional designs? Because there is history behind it. When you see a Canadiens jersey or Yankee pinstripes, it invokes a different feeling than just aesthetics. It's history. You can't separate the uniform from that, unless you're not a sports fan and strictly a fashion designer.

Archived