Random team re-design No2

Turkleton

The second of my random re-designs...Saskatoon Legends.

I've created a whole new Primary logo, and just used the flying baseball element for the Secondary.

The Legends' original logo was relativley simple, so I didnt want to stray from that simplicity. I chose a retro looking wordmark because to me, 'Legends' means someone or something with a past. However I did try to modernise it enough so that it doesnt just look old. Ive also stayed with the Legends original colours.

Now...I do all my work on MS Paint. This isnt out of choice because I do these during downtime @ work. Im mentioning this because I want people to realise that Im not happy with how rough the edges can look, but this is the best I acheive with this programme. Also, if there is anyone willing to put these in vector for me, then I'd love to see how that would look.

Ok, enough rambling....come on, hit me like Bobby slaps Whitney....

legendslogosgb0.png

legendshomexx5.png

legendsawayvs4.png

sigen.jpg

I like the simple but classy wordmark, but why is Saskatoon so plain? Try doing another wordmark with the same font. Also, is Saskatoon supposed to be printed on the tail of the home jersey like that? If so that would be lost because it would be tucked into the pants. Other than that everything looks very nice. I like the color choice, number font works well, the logo is a little plain but it works well with theme you've established with the name. Good job!

I wouldn't worry too much about MS Paint, these (your Stampeders concept too) look much much cleaner than certain other people who post on this board!

I don't like the "L." It looks like a "P" and a "d" morphed. Get rid of "Saskatoon" on the back of the home jersey. Jerseys are tucked in so we're not going to see that. The road script is too thin. Keep the same look for both jerseys, don't just take the respective part of the wordmark to do it.

I like the primary and the secondary is nice. Given that you've designed this logo from scratch that deserves a few more bonus points. I think this is one of your better concepts.

On a side note, don't apologize that you use MSPaint. Designers here understand that some people can't use or get to a vector program. We (as a community, I'm not much of a designer), understand it's limitations and are willing to look past those limitations. You obviously put work into this to make it look nice so you'll get respective criticism. Keep workin' on your concepts.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thanks guys. I think this is my best concept so far and the C&C is already staring to reflect that. To quickly address the 'Saskatoon' script.... You're totally correct, its very plain. This is because in the Primary logo, its a minimal part of the design. Although....it could do with jazzing up. Also, my thinking behind putting at the bottom of the back of the home jersey was more towards the Replica jerseys. What I mean is, if a fan was to wear this, it would be presumably untucked, so then it would be seen.

Thanks for the comments :D

sigen.jpg

Also, my thinking behind putting at the bottom of the back of the home jersey was more towards the Replica jerseys. What I mean is, if a fan was to wear this, it would be presumably untucked, so then it would be seen.

If a fan wears it it MUST be untucked! That's one of the rules of wearing a jersey, never tuck it in! If somebody finds the link to that article feel free to post it!

There's nothing about this logo that says "Legends". It's just a script with a shooting baseball. This logo and wordmark combination could stand for any baseball nickname.

I think you should try to find some symbolic imagery that means "legends", or perhaps modify the script so it looks "legendary".

Or find something that stands for Saskatoon.

Either way.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived