Help! I need some ideas

Clark

Background

Last summer myself & 9 of my team mates decided to leave the Bangor Chiefs (the inline hockey team that we had played for that season) and form our own team.

After a few drunken 'committe meetings' we decided to call the team the Northern Cyclones as the team was comprised from players from all over Northern Ireland.

One year later the team has been runners-up in the Northern Ireland Inline Hockey League, the Playoff Champions & the first Irish team to ever compete in NARCh.

Our Logo

Being a web / graphic designer by trade I was asked to design the teams logo. After a few different (and quite poor) concepts I came up with the logo below.

cyclones_primary.png

This has been our primary mark this season and is on our jerseys, tracksuits, helmets etc so therefore I can't really be changed very much. Altho if anyone has any ideas on slight improvements which could be made then they are more than welcome.

What I Want To Do (finally I'm getting to the point)

For this season I would to create a secondary mark which I could put on the shoulders of our new jerseys but I really I'm stumped for ideas. How else could I represent something cyclone-esque other than what I've already done in the primary mark?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Clark

prospects.png

vets.png

Does the crest contain the wordmark too? The shoulder logo could just be the cyclone guy without the words in front of him.

OR...

You already have a cyclone on the front, so you could go the monogram route and just make a "N C" logo, either using your existing letters / colors or modify them a bit.

OR...

You could do both - make a circular or ovular cyclone and put the N C in front of it.

As for your current logo - do you play with pucks or a ball? If a ball, why is there a puck on the cyclone guy's stick?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As for your current logo - do you play with pucks or a ball? If a ball, why is there a puck on the cyclone guy's stick?

We play with a puck, however the black section on the end of the stick was meant to be tape. Looks like I have my first update for the current logo.

Thanks for your suggestions for the secondary mark, I might give a few of those a go now.

Anyone else got any ideas?

prospects.png

vets.png

Archived