San Jose Sharks concept

elliott

I dont want to make it look like I am rushing out the concepts because I'm not, I have been working on this for a while. I went with navy instead of black just to try something different. I think it turned out nicely, though!

C+C please?

sharksconcept.gif

It's just all right for me. Not bad, but not great.

It comes off as very muddled and lacking in "pop". It's essentially 2 shades of blue with a little gray thrown in as an accent color. But nothing looks sharp and clean; it's more of a mishmash of blues. IMO, that's part of the reason the Sharks added orange - set against their dark teal and black, the orange will really stand out. A little goes a long way, and sets off the different areas of color quite nicely. That isn't happening here, and the one color that could serve as contrast (gray) is used in such a way that it isn't a contrast color, but rather just a 3rd color that's there but not serving a tremendous purpose. Instead, it takes up huge areas of the uniform - socks, sleeves - but gray is most always a drab color unless it's set off by sharper colors around it, and it is used effectively.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived