new logo for shaw university

leggman01

for a long time now, shaw university in raleigh was using a logo that they ripped from drew university on their website (see this thread)

they've got a new logo now - i'm not sure what i think about the primary logo - it's a pretty unique bear logo, but it seems a little overly simple - i don't like the wordmark at all - way too over the top for my taste, and it will be out of style very quickly

take a look...it's the best image i could find (and i couldn't find any sort of press release re: the new logo)

webheadergo3.jpg

jldesigns404eo.png

I gotta give it a thumbs down, too. I don't like the wordmark- even if it were isolated, it would make my eyes move uncomfortably. Maybe if the spike off the B went straight left it would help. I don't mind the simplicity of the head on its own, but there is so much going on with the arm/claws that it doesn't balance the top well, and my eye is drawn away from the head, which should be the primary focus. Finally the "Shaw University" lettering further "dis-unifies" the top and bottom by separating them.

LT

Archived