The argument for block numbers

winghaz

I was watching Saturday's Sam Houston State-North Dakota State football game on TV (it was televised statewide in North Dakota). Sam Houston State wore orange numbers that were in an unusual font. The numbers were tough to see. Even the announcers complained, but they said it was because the numbers were orange. I disagree with them. Orange is the primary color for Sam Houston State, so I'm not going to beef too much. And I haven't had problems seeing Texas' or Tennessee's numbers, at least on TV.

To me, that's the argument for block numbers -- because you can see them better. They're generally wider than unusual fonts, and they stand out better, even when the colors are somewhat light. It's especially important for the folks keeping the game stats to see those numbers. It sure doesn't hurt the fans, either.

I think the orange does play a part, that bright (think construction vest/cone orange) orange would be hard to see on white from a distance.

On a sidenote, the game was actually a good game, despite the fact our kicker couldnt have a kickoff of more then 35 yards, espically the last kickoff of 27 yards.

No, picks of the road uniforms on the Sam site

~~the dmr~~

Archived