New Season. New Leeds. New Badge

Krona

Now, before Ihear cries of anger from Leeds fan, let me preface this by saying its a bit forward. but then again, so is their current badge, not to mention a history of some far out looks (smiley badge). I tried to bring back the owl that appeared on the first badge (the city crest), and later by itself until don revie banished it and all other images of birds from Elland Road. I like the white rose of york, so i updated that and added it beneath the owl. it looks a bit cluttered, so i'd like to hear from you folks on whether is too much, or ideas for rearrangement.(or if i should just throw it into the circular file.) here it is:

Leeds-United.jpg

Really, I'd have to say well done. I wasn't sure about the Owl at first, considering Leeds' proximity to Sheffield and the fact that Wednesday already has an owl in their badge. I didn't realize that there was an owl in the first Leeds badge, so I guess this makes sense. Compositionally, I think this is quite solid. I love the way the curved edge of the ball patch creates the curved outline of the owl's head. I think it's OK to have the white rose of york incorporated, but I'm not quite sure about the way the beak overlaps it. Perhaps if you made it smaller, it might work a little better, and it would give a little more dominance to the owl's head. At the moment, the similar scale of the two seems to be conflicting a tad. All in all, it's quite nice.

I like this crest much better than what they currently have, and the last critique sums up what needs to be done to make it better. I'd almost take it a step further and remove the "AFC" from the bottom of the logo (it makes the text look a bit unbalanced to me)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Really, I'd have to say well done. I wasn't sure about the Owl at first, considering Leeds' proximity to Sheffield and the fact that Wednesday already has an owl in their badge. I didn't realize that there was an owl in the first Leeds badge, so I guess this makes sense. Compositionally, I think this is quite solid. I love the way the curved edge of the ball patch creates the curved outline of the owl's head. I think it's OK to have the white rose of york incorporated, but I'm not quite sure about the way the beak overlaps it. Perhaps if you made it smaller, it might work a little better, and it would give a little more dominance to the owl's head. At the moment, the similar scale of the two seems to be conflicting a tad. All in all, it's quite nice.

I agree about the scale. i'd like to make the rose more prominent, but the owl cant be much smaller. it does look very cluttered though. i'll post some updates later.

Archived