Norfolk State Spartans

chestnutz

Well I was sketching around and drew a simple Trojan/Spartan logo. I decided to make it my first non-soccer concept and first in a month or so. I was looking at team's who use Trojans/Spartans as their name and came accross the Norfolk State Spartans logo.

nsu_1.jpg

To me, that doesn't scream "fierce warrior," as the Spartan warriors actually were. Looks more like it's filled with clouds and not something a college would want representing their athletics. I don't know, maybe that's just me.

So I wanted to go for a more classic Spartan logo. Now I know the helmet/heads have been done by many teams, but I wanted a simple yet modern-looking logo. Whether or not I achieved taht is up to you. Something looks to be missing.

Next I tackled the wordmark. I envisioned a spear going through NSU, so that's what I did. It can be used as an alternate logo or the wordmark.

The third is just something I whipped up. Not sure about the font (too Red Sox?), but you get the general idea.

I know something is missing from making these logos good, so any C&C is appreciated. I want to see something evolve from this, as an aspiring graphics designer I want to get as much experience as I can.

norfolkstatelogoscopy.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived