Quick question from a newbie with MS Paint.

chuckymack

I've seen a lot of glorious concepts on these boards, and would love to make my own. I've got the templates, opened them in paint and have generally done my thing. However, one thing still eludes me.....

HOW DO I GET THE LOGOS FOR THE UNIFORMS?!!

Is there a certain site I need to go to or am I just an idiot and am missing some obvious clue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sigs are for sissies.

I've seen a lot of glorious concepts on these boards, and would love to make my own. I've got the templates, opened them in paint and have generally done my thing. However, one thing still eludes me.....

Is there a certain site I need to go to or am I just an idiot and am missing some obvious clue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you read my intro on the other thread? :)

First of all, let me say that this should probably be in the requests board... but that's another issue.

Not to sound rude, but you're on the Chris Creamer SPORTS LOGOS community. instead of "boards.sportslogos.net(notice the "sports logos"), go to "www.sportslogos.net" or" www.chriscreamer.com." this site is a logos host first, and a community second(IMO, though the community is really strong). This is the single best (free) logos resource in the universe. Of course, you can always make your own logos if you want, but you're already on the best logos site, you just don't notice it.

"or am I just an idiot and am missing some obvious clue?"

lol, how ironic. I guess we all make mistakes. :)

Did you read my intro on the other thread? :)

First of all, let me say that this should probably be in the requests board... but that's another issue.

Not to sound rude, but you're on the Chris Creamer SPORTS LOGOS community. instead of "boards.sportslogos.net(notice the "sports logos"), go to "www.sportslogos.net" or" www.chriscreamer.com." this site is a logos host first, and a community second(IMO, though the community is really strong). This is the single best (free) logos resource in the universe. Of course, you can always make your own logos if you want, but you're already on the best logos site, you just don't notice it.

"or am I just an idiot and am missing some obvious clue?"

lol, how ironic. I guess we all make mistakes. :)

Gosh, you sure know how to make a guy feel smart!

Actually, I really appreciate the help, man. Thanks a million. Can I re-color the logos in Paint just like I can the templates?

Sigs are for sissies.

Gosh, you sure know how to make a guy feel smart!

Actually, I really appreciate the help, man. Thanks a million. Can I re-color the logos in Paint just like I can the templates?

Hey, no problem. I'm glad you got the sarcasm(it was sarcasm, by the way :)).

For some logos you can. It depends on the resolution/quality of the logos. I can't say for every one, but from experience I know the hockey logos are usually pretty good.

If there is color blending at the boundaries. If you can clearly see defined color boundaries, then it is good for recoloring. For an example, look at Man U's logo (English Premier League) and the Utah Jazz logo. they look very good and the only colors you can really see are the primary ones in the logos.

However, not all logos are equal. If you can see lots of tiny different but similarly colored pixels, it is not good(usually best seen zoomed in). Especially in Paint, those are NOT paint bucket-friendly, and you will have a hard time coloring them. For an example, see this old Pistons logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=4958

Luckily for you and me, the vast majority of logos(especially current ones) on this site are squeaky clean. That makes it much easier for us to do things like recolor or resize them. another reason why CCSLC is #1!

Hope I helped!

gingerbreadmann

Archived