pittsburgh powercats

leggman01

haven't posted a new logo in a LONG time, so here goes - this is for a team that is interested in joining our fantasy leagues...he's got an identity, now we just have to see if we can make space for his teams

i'm mostly happy with the logo - i may tinker around with the ear (too long) and the eye area (maybe a little abstract) - he's a big steelers fan, so the colors are yellow (gold) and black and the helmet will probably just like the steelers with this logo on both sides - i thought about incorporating the steelers logo as the eye, and i may play around with that idea some, but who knows - c&c appreciated, but not required

powercat1uc9.png

jldesigns404eo.png

other than what you noted, i have just one suggestion. it might not work, but instead of the steelers logo as an eye, maybe you could try just one of the diamond shapes? i'd probably keep it red or blue so it references it clearly. this looks a bit robotic, but i guess that makes sense and was intended, because of the name, so i will leave that alone. nice job.

haven't posted a new logo in a LONG time, so here goes - this is for a team that is interested in joining our fantasy leagues...he's got an identity, now we just have to see if we can make space for his teams

i'm mostly happy with the logo - i may tinker around with the ear (too long) and the eye area (maybe a little abstract) - he's a big steelers fan, so the colors are yellow (gold) and black and the helmet will probably just like the steelers with this logo on both sides - i thought about incorporating the steelers logo as the eye, and i may play around with that idea some, but who knows - c&c appreciated, but not required

powercat1uc9.png

I agree the Steelers logo as the eye would look cool.

I also noticed that JL Designs logo is almost the same logo as the City of Arlington, Texas' logo. I did the best I could at finding the logo but this is what I could get from their website:

CityofArlingtonTexasLogo.png

I like this. I wouldn't say the ear is too long, I'd say it's too narrow. Maybe widen the base of it a little bit. I think eRay's idea about the diamond shape for the eye is cool, but I sort of like it the way it is. The eye, whiskers and profile sort of reminds me of one of those streamlined 30's locomotives, and with a name like Powercats that fits nicely.

I also noticed that JL Designs logo is almost the same logo as the City of Arlington, Texas' logo. I did the best I could at finding the logo but this is what I could get from their website:

CityofArlingtonTexasLogo.png

yeah...someone else pointed that out a while back...purely coincidental, i assure you, but mine's better :)

jldesigns404eo.png

Two things. No Steelers logo in the eye, that just won't look right. Second, you're right I think the ear needs some tinkering. The eye looks alright to me. I think it works with what you were trying to accomplish.

P.S.... The Steelers logo is only on one side of the helmet.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

P.S.... The Steelers logo is only on one side of the helmet.

yeah...i'm well aware of that...which is why i pointed out that this logo would go on each side of the helmet as a point of difference

thanks for all of the comments so far - i may continue to play with this and if i do, i'll post updates

jldesigns404eo.png

Pretty decent. Only problem, "Powercat" is a registered trademark of Kansas State University (it's what their logo is called.) Just thought you should know.

i'll certainly keep that in mind if i ever decide to sell any pittsburgh powercats fantasy sports team gear :)

jldesigns404eo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived