Who will land Sundin ?

Vaytch

Toronto's asking a lot for a player they're going to get back in the offseason.

There's no way I want to see the Canucks give up some youth, and talent for a guy who won't put us over the top anyway.

The future is now. This might be Naslunds, Morrison and Lindens last year with the team

I disagree that the future is now. Next year will be the Canucks REAL shot. Naslund's 6 million, and Morrison's 3 million dollar contracts expire at the end of the year. They both aren't not living up to their contracts. Naslund is having a decent season, but is hot/cold/hot/cold and hasn't shown he can be a reliable scorer in the playoffs. Morrison is injured and who knows how long he's going to be out, but he hasn't been worth 3 million either.

Raymond, Bourdon, Edler will all be around next year, barring a trade, and they'll all be much better next year too.

At the end of the year, we'll have 10-15 million to play with + the salary cap increase and so we'll be able to go out and spend money on reliable THREATS who have the potential to score at any time (in particular, in the playoffs as well) and we'll have Luongo and a solid defense back, so next year is really the "future."

Even though Naslund and Morrison arn't living up to expectations they still probduce around 100 points combined each year , and that is hard to replace. Even if they did land Sundin they would still have all that cap room. I wouldn't want to trade Raymond or Edler but Bourdan looks worse at 20 than he did at 18, and we have a lot of good dman prospects.

Archived