Who will land Sundin ?

Vaytch

I think it would be best to do so. If he is willing to do this for the team and the future, I would say he would be a more value player to pick up at the trade deadline. I could see some young players, with some prospects and a couple of draft picks for Sundin. As to where, hopefully he goes to a contender team. Maybe a team such as Detroit. Teams such as Vancouver and San Jose have some interest, but who knows what they will give up, if Sundin is willing to do so.

4kv29i.jpg

I'd like to see him go to the Wings if moved, as I feel they are the team to beat. If he is shipped to Vancouver I'd like Kessler and their 1st rounder in return, I think that's fair enough. Sundin would add such an offensive punch to that team.

untitled-6.jpg

Throw this out there, what about Anaheim? The could move out Bobby Ryan and a few other of their younglings that aren't quite sticking with the club. It just seems that Brian Burke over the past couple years seems to make the right moves. In all reality I only see him going to two teams, Detroit or the Rangers. Why? Because both teams are teams that normally go for a player like Sundin (a name player who could make a splash in the media and put fans in the seats). I'm not saying he'll go there, but we all know the Rangers are going to overpay for someone and well, we've seen Detroit bring in aging veterans with skill before.

Throw this out there, what about Anaheim? The could move out Bobby Ryan and a few other of their younglings that aren't quite sticking with the club. It just seems that Brian Burke over the past couple years seems to make the right moves. In all reality I only see him going to two teams, Detroit or the Rangers. Why? Because both teams are teams that normally go for a player like Sundin (a name player who could make a splash in the media and put fans in the seats). I'm not saying he'll go there, but we all know the Rangers are going to overpay for someone and well, we've seen Detroit bring in aging veterans with skill before.

I wouldn't say no to it, but do not give up Bobby Ryan for him. And please don't give up Bryce Swan, Logan MacMillan or Stephen Dixon either. Or Joe DiPenta.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

He won't go anywhere. He doesn't want to leave and those who make money from selling merchandise with his name on it don't want to let him go either. Management won't move him. They are too stupid to.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

He won't go anywhere. He doesn't want to leave and those who make money from selling merchandise with his name on it don't want to let him go either. Management won't move him. They are too stupid to.

Then that would be a tremendous failure on the Leafs part, because they can try to resign him like St. Louis with Tkachuk after the season, and they need to start looking to build something for the future.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Then that would be a tremendous failure on the Leafs part, because they can try to resign him like St. Louis with Tkachuk after the season, and they need to start looking to build something for the future.

He's too loyal and management is too stupid.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

no, FERGUSON was too stupid.

Dollars to donuts, he'd love to play with the Sedins.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

no, FERGUSON was too stupid.

Unfortunately the GM doesn't have the final say on these deals... any trade involving a top player on the Leafs requires MLSE board approval.

Whoopie

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Unfortunately the GM doesn't have the final say on these deals... any trade involving a top player on the Leafs requires MLSE board approval.

Whoopie

I'm guessing you saw the press conference too. Cover your mouth Peddie !

But its true, they have to have the final say. I'm just glad Peddie wont be the President next season. He knows how to make money , but doesn't know a thing about hockey.

I just cant believe he agree to trade Rask for Raycroft *shakes head*.

4kv29i.jpg

I'd still love to see him on a line with the Sedins !

And I don't think that he'd sign with Toronto next year if they trade him, he might feel betrayed or something being shipped off for some new blood...

It honestly all depends on the communication. They can't agree to comeback to each other in the offseason, but they can hint at it, be polite with each other and both understand they're doing something for the future of the team and giving him a shot at the Cup.

That's what happened with Keith Tkachuk and Doug Weight. They loved the team, they left on good terms, accepting the trades because it helped the Blues and because they'd have a shot at the Cup. Dougie got that Cup. Of course he also was sacrified for the Blues future yet again...(great trade, I just miss the guy and know he didn't want to leave at all this time).

Toronto's asking a lot for a player they're going to get back in the offseason.

There's no way I want to see the Canucks give up some youth, and talent for a guy who won't put us over the top anyway.

The future is now. This might be Naslunds, Morrison and Lindens last year with the team and with Luongo in net this is the best chance the Canucks have had at winning a cup, all we need is more scoring, and if you don?t think Sundin will do that you?re crazy. He would fit in perfect with all the Swedish players, many of whom he captained at the last Olympics. I say trade Luc Bourdon, Ryan Shannon and a 1st round pick for Sundin. He would probably leave at the end of the year but you never know.

I totally agree, and it would fit well with Toronto's needs. They lack depth in the back-end so Bourdon would be a welcomed addition !

If it goes down and Luongo plays like he's supposed to Vancouver might have a shot at the cup ! Vancouver Vs Ottawa in an all-Canadian final for the cup !

Yeah I said it, mark it down folks :P

I'd still love to see him on a line with the Sedins !

And I don't think that he'd sign with Toronto next year if they trade him, he might feel betrayed or something being shipped off for some new blood...

At some point though, he has to sit down and think "Do I best serve my team if I'm traded for other players to improve my team?" He still does not have a contract, and until he does the GM should be trying to move him or sign him. Giving him the chance to simply walk away int he offseason for nothing is just plain stupidity. I love Mats, he is a great player. But the Leafs are going nowhere, that roster needs changing, and the biggest, most valuable chip they have is Sundin. If he wants to stay, then sign a deal. If he isn't willing to commit then start shopping him around

Toronto's asking a lot for a player they're going to get back in the offseason.

There's no way I want to see the Canucks give up some youth, and talent for a guy who won't put us over the top anyway.

The future is now. This might be Naslunds, Morrison and Lindens last year with the team

I disagree that the future is now. Next year will be the Canucks REAL shot. Naslund's 6 million, and Morrison's 3 million dollar contracts expire at the end of the year. They both aren't not living up to their contracts. Naslund is having a decent season, but is hot/cold/hot/cold and hasn't shown he can be a reliable scorer in the playoffs. Morrison is injured and who knows how long he's going to be out, but he hasn't been worth 3 million either.

Raymond, Bourdon, Edler will all be around next year, barring a trade, and they'll all be much better next year too.

At the end of the year, we'll have 10-15 million to play with + the salary cap increase and so we'll be able to go out and spend money on reliable THREATS who have the potential to score at any time (in particular, in the playoffs as well) and we'll have Luongo and a solid defense back, so next year is really the "future."

Archived