Super Bowl question

roxfan00

The NFL Network is showing Super Bowl XXXI between New England and Green Bay, neither team is wearing a Super Bowl patch on the jersey...was the following Super Bowl between Green Bay and Denver the first time either team wore the Super Bowl patch on the jersey?

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The NFL Network is showing Super Bowl XXXI between New England and Green Bay, neither team is wearing a Super Bowl patch on the jersey...was the following Super Bowl between Green Bay and Denver the first time either team wore the Super Bowl patch on the jersey?

Side note: Both teams wore a Super Bowl XXXI logo sticker on the back of their helmets.

Edit: While trying to find a pic, I found out that I'm wrong... It was a Pete Rosell tribute...

prepete126.jpg

Side note: Both teams wore a Super Bowl XXXI logo sticker on the back of their helmets.

Edit: While trying to find a pic, I found out that I'm wrong... It was a Pete Rosell tribute...

prepete126.jpg

No you were right, It's at the bottom right of the soft plastic pad insert (Barely visible)

Before this I think the logos were on the helmets in Superbowl XVIII also.

prepete126.jpg

No you were right, It's at the bottom right of the soft plastic pad insert (Barely visible)

The officials were also wearing the Pete patch on the front of their shirts. Rozelle had died one month earlier.

prepete126.jpg

Cool - I thought I was going crazy... :)

Archived