NFC East

jimboqb12

Dallas Cowboys

I love the throwback/alternate uniform and had to incorporate it into a full uniform with home and away. Obviously there's not a lot I can say about this set so here it is.

DallasCowboys.jpg

New York Giants

These I found really hard. I think their uniforms at the moment are perfect. I was almost tempted to just reproduce the current uniform to complete the whole division. However, clearly i have not. I've stuck with their current colour scheme. Originaly i was going to mix a bit of their 80s unis into the design but i proved to disgustingly 80s for me so I moved away from it and into the modern era of the much hated cookie cutter designs.

NewYorkGiants.jpg

Philidelphia Eagles

This uniform is based on the very first Eagles uniform worn by Van Buren. I changed the helmet mixing a little of the 60s with the modern era and added sock stripes. I had to change the colour of the uniform because originally it was Kelly Green but I found there was something too soft about it so I headed in a darker direction stealing the original Packers Green.

EaglesUniform-1.jpg

Washington Redskins

I have already posted this uniform on the board but I have tweaked the uniform ever so slightly. I've added pants striping and changed the helmet logo.

WashingtonRedskins.jpg

Dude, you gotta start saving as .PNG! :P

I like the Giants a lot. Glad you took a risk; it looks neat. I also like the Redskins, but for them, the Eagles, and the Cowboys, why not make the whole sleeve a color instead of having weird stripes? It looks alright on the Skins but not on the cowboys or Eagles. I thinks the Eagles are too plain in general and the helmet logo looks off. The cowboys look great except for those stripes. Maybe add a touch of silver though?

Nice start.

Cowboys: It's alright, it just really lacks a creativity. Granted, you simply applied the throwbacks, because you think those would be best for the Cowboys. So, I'll cut you slack there.

Giants: Well, the top of jersey is Falcons-esq new school type designing, the bottom pants are the same old school throwback style. Doesn't really fit at all. Also, the jersey piping doesn't even run into the pants striping. I think a re-think on one half is a good idea.

Eagles: It seems very similar to the Cowboys in the sleeve area, and overall they're rather bland. For such a metropolitan area like Philly, it really seems illogical for the brand to regress in marketability. Say what you will about the "classic" style, I myself prefer it from a design stand point, but is marketing a jersey that doesn't stand out seem somewhat foolish? I'm not saying use a Nike template for them, but really try and get creative with the design so it's something genuinely unique in approach and execution.

Skins: I like the feeling, but two things: does the Redskins brand scream cutting edge piping, and two, is this kind of style original enough even in the NFL? The sleeve is very similar to two of the other concepts here, and also very comparable to the Falcons design. Almost identical, in fact.

Overall: So I think you should try to imagine every jersey in the league side by side, or in this case the teams in this division. If you look at designing like that, you'll find that making these concepts really creative and original is incredibly hard. Most NFL Redesigns die because people can't keep going on and being really different from team to team. Myself, I made two designs, and have been working my ass off to make the third. I've gone from team to team, idea to idea, and still nothing that I would consider really different AND up to NFL professional standard. All I'm trying to say is that the biggest part of redesigning NFL teams is to approach it like your showing these to the NFL, who have branding and originality in mind. Then I think you'll be more able to get outside the box and make some really unique stuff. Just head back to the drawing board with some of these and try and make an effective and unique brand, not just a concept.

Good job on the Cowboys, but I agree that you should just make the entire sleeve one color. Looks like you kind of combined the throwbacks with the training camp jerseys, looks good though. Only thing I'd add is striped socks to match the helmet/pants striping.

Archived