Minor-League Baseball Logo "Tourney" at CNBC.com

Brian in Boston

Well, two more clubs have joined Augusta and Southern Illinois in CNBC's "Minor-League Logo Contest". The results - pardon the expression - are not pretty. Take that as you will.

#12 Wichita Wingnuts (67%) defeated #6 Dayton Dragons (33%)

#2 Clinton Lumberkings (65%) defeated #12 Quad Cities River Bandits (35%)

One has to wonder just how much real work is getting done in the front-offices in Wichita and Clinton? After all, it is blatantly obvious that the Wingnut and Lumberking staffs have done nothing for the past two weeks besides repeatedly vote in this contest.

In the first semi-final match-up to be contested, early results are:

#3 Southern Illinois Miners (71%) lead #12 Augusta GreenJackets (29%)

My mind finds the possibility of a Southern Illinois Miners vs. Clinton Lumberkings/Wichita Wingnuts final too abhorent to comprehend.

I think we need to run our own bracket here and declare a real winner.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, two more clubs have joined Augusta and Southern Illinois in CNBC's "Minor-League Logo Contest". The results - pardon the expression - are not pretty. Take that as you will.

#12 Wichita Wingnuts (67%) defeated #6 Dayton Dragons (33%)

#2 Clinton Lumberkings (65%) defeated #12 Quad Cities River Bandits (35%)

One has to wonder just how much real work is getting done in the front-offices in Wichita and Clinton? After all, it is blatantly obvious that the Wingnut and Lumberking staffs have done nothing for the past two weeks besides repeatedly vote in this contest.

In the first semi-final match-up to be contested, early results are:

#3 Southern Illinois Miners (71%) lead #12 Augusta GreenJackets (29%)

My mind finds the possibility of a Southern Illinois Miners vs. Clinton Lumberkings/Wichita Wingnuts final too abhorent to comprehend.

Well, in Clinton's defense, it's not like there's anyone in town to sell tickets to.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The first finalist in CNBC's Minor League Logo Contest has been determined. Surely, this is one of the Seven Signs of the Apocalypse.

#3 Southern Illinois Miners (91%) defeated #12 Augusta GreenJackets (9%)

For that matter...nobody lives in Marion either (except the convicts)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, the Wichita Wingnuts prevailed in yesterday's semi-final, earning themselves a spot in today's CNBC Minor-League Logo Contest Championship. The early results indicate that they may well - inexplicably - take home the crown. Then again, I can't explain - beyond the presence of sophisticated repeat-voting software - how either of these teams made it to the final.

#12 Wichita Wingnuts (69%) lead #3 Southern Illinois Miners (31%)

Well CNBC's Minor League Logo Contest has come to a conclusion. The "champion" has been crowned. The final results are...

#3 Southern Illinois Miners (55%) defeated #12 Wichita Wingnuts (45%)

I wonder how many felons got let out for good behavior over this win... :rolleyes:

Today, we are all otaku.

Well CNBC's Minor League Logo Contest has come to a conclusion. The "champion" has been crowned. The final results are...

#3 Southern Illinois Miners (55%) defeated #12 Wichita Wingnuts (45%)

I wonder how many felons got let out for good behavior over this win... :rolleyes:

I don't know, but I heard the entire city of Joliet's under lockdown.

nav-logo.png

Archived