Minnesota Thunder and Lightning unveil new logos

-kj

I like that idea. A couple of us in the past have toyed with making a crest including a Thor's hammer to use for the supporters group, but haven't ever really finished it.

There's now a slideshow from the unveiling up on the fan site, Blue Sky Soccer.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As others have mentioned, there's too much negative space around the state and team names at the top of the shields. I can understand not wanting to make said elements too large, as that could make the logos look cluttered. That said, slighty enlarging the state and team names would more boldly identify the franchises, while simultaneously filling dead space.

As for the graphic devices on the lower two-thirds of the shields, both could use some work.

On the Thunder's logo, nothing about the "T" says "thunder" to me. Nothing. As a result, it comes across as rather generic. I immediately had the same idea as udubds03 and Mockba have both mentioned, i.e. having a depiction of Thor's hammer - Mjolnir - serve as a stylized "T". I also would have moved the "T-Hammer" up ever so slightly, so as to make room for the "1990" to be centered underneath it at the bottom point of the badge. Separating the "19" and "90" doesn't work for me.

On the Lightning logo, my primary complaint is the separation of the "20" and "06" elements. They're so far apart that they look even more awkward than the "19" and "90" on the Thunder badge. I'd move them together at the bottom of the badge, as well. I'd also widen the lightning bolt slightly.

Archived