Incorrect MLB Alternates in MLB2k8

joenov

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but apparently my search skills suck. Just picked up MLB 2K8 for 360 today. Now, I have played baseball games off and on for the last 5-6 years and, despite all the advancements in game platforms and technology, there is one thing they can't seem to figure out; the alternate uniforms! For example, I can choose Florida's alternate black jersey on the road, but they still wear the home pants. All the teams are like that, and it's been that way for it seems like forever. It doesn't seem to matter the company making the game, they all equally get this wrong. How hard can it be to make a road alternate combo? It's not like data storage is an issue anymore, and I can think of any number o features that suck to make room for this. Am I the only one that is this seriously annoyed by this?

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

The Show (PS3) is just as bad. Every team gets the same font in their set (example, the Brewers current font is even on their throwbacks and the Pirates font is on all their jerseys including the 1920's). There are incorrect ones (Marlins black have black numbers). There are ones that are not options (the Reds can wear red on the road and the Angels can't wear red at home). There are ones that are flat out missing (Pirates red). I guess gameplay should be the focus, but it bothers me too!

KISSwall09.jpg

The Show (PS3) is just as bad. Every team gets the same font in their set (example, the Brewers current font is even on their throwbacks and the Pirates font is on all their jerseys including the 1920's). There are incorrect ones (Marlins black have black numbers). There are ones that are not options (the Reds can wear red on the road and the Angels can't wear red at home). There are ones that are flat out missing (Pirates red). I guess gameplay should be the focus, but it bothers me too!

At least that THE SHOW got the DODGERS uniforms right. But other than that it is bad. I was hoping that they would finally have the ANGELS uniforms from the 80's and the PADRES browns and mustards uniforms from 1984 or at least the 1 that they wore from 1985-1990.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

At least that THE SHOW got the DODGERS uniforms right. But other than that it is bad. I was hoping that they would finally have the ANGELS uniforms from the 80's and the PADRES browns and mustards uniforms from 1984 or at least the 1 that they wore from 1985-1990.

Actually, The Show got the Dodger's uni's completely wrong. The numbers on the front in the game are blue, not their actual red.

Actually, The Show got the Dodger's uni's completely wrong. The numbers on the front in the game are blue, not their actual red.

I take it that you have the PS2 version UNWIND because the PS3 version does have the DODGERS front number in red.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

I can definitely sympathize with this situation. I am still playing MVP 2005 by EAsports because quite honestly any game produced since that point has just been terrible. I have the same problem with MVP though, for example the Cubs wear their blue alts on the road more often than at home but the only blue alts in the game are paired with the home pinstripe pants. There are several other examples but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Another thing that bothers me are the throwbacks in these games. For example I may want to play a "turn back the clock" game on MVP but to me it is ridiculous to see Albert Pujols batting in a 1934 Cardinals uniform with no batting helmet. I wish they would have throwback uniforms with modern equipment so you can play a true TBTC game.

Just some of my thoughts.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived