Ads on the boards during the Stanley Cup Playoffs

dancincy

Anyone else think there's something fundamentally wrong with a HOSPITAL advertising it's services? Weren't hospitals originally supposed to operate as non-profit entities? Whatever happened to that?

UPMC is a non-profit group according to tax law but they are widely hated for this kind of stuff.

#1 on the list: they are putting UPMC in 20-foot letters on the US Steel Tower downtown

I thought they decided against that....then again, they put a Highmark sign on 5th Avenue Place, so I guess anything is possible.

Nope, the letters are already cast and downtown awaiting attachment. They need the proper date and time to hang the letters up; they have to do it with a helicopter and can't exactly do it during the work week either.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Anyone else think there's something fundamentally wrong with a HOSPITAL advertising it's services? Weren't hospitals originally supposed to operate as non-profit entities? Whatever happened to that?

UPMC is a non-profit group according to tax law but they are widely hated for this kind of stuff.

#1 on the list: they are putting UPMC in 20-foot letters on the US Steel Tower downtown

I thought they decided against that....then again, they put a Highmark sign on 5th Avenue Place, so I guess anything is possible.

Nope, the letters are already cast and downtown awaiting attachment. They need the proper date and time to hang the letters up; they have to do it with a helicopter and can't exactly do it during the work week either.

Meh. I'tll look really stupid. Especially atop the US Steel building.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived