Columbus Blue Jackets concept

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I saw a few Blue Jackets things posted here today, and I was thinking of the real Union uniforms, the actual Civil War uniforms themswlves, I mean. I began to realize that the very thing that the Blue Jackets were trying to recognize in thier identity wasnt well represented. Blue Jackets, of course, is in reference to the Union army. The current primary logo is the flag of Ohio around a star - nothing o do with the Civil War. Then I thought about the colors - The Union army wore uniforms of Navy, faded teal-blue something, and a little bit of gold for trimming. Though Columbus' current colors stay in line with a patriotic theme, it still doesnt say Union army to me. So, I brainstormed, took a logo I thought represented waht thier identity should be going for, and redid the colors to match the colors of the Union uniforms. Well, Here it is! (The alternate logo featured on the shoulders is a bolded version of the two hockey sticks on the union cap)

l_45e43bc6169d04e8fe8c562e49b09299.png

l_63a1717d8d107cc3c8769eb8e64656c0.png

C&C as always is much appreciated and encouraged. Thanks and hope y'all like it!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I like what you are trying to do, and an update of your first try could work a lot better. The whole jersey design seems overly simple, and I think you can improve upon it. I don't see the gold anywhere but the logo, which I would change. The numbers look a little close to the names IMO. I like the choice of putting the crossed sticks from the cap on the shoulders, keep that. Otherwise I would just take a step back and look at the overall picture. They are a little too simple, and that solid color scheme could be used better to make an interesting uniform. Also, where does the piping from the chest go to, it just goes under the arm and is not seen on the back. If that was on purpose thats fine, it just stood out to me. Work on this and it will be very good.

Archived