Akron Zips to wear Nike/LeBron James LJ23

darkshadow1031

From Akron Beacon Journal:

UA men's basketball goes with Nike and LeBron

LeBron James, Nike and the University of Akron men's basketball program reached an agreement on a three-year contract, the university announced Wednesday.

The Zips men's basketball team will wear Nike apparrel, including shoes, game uniforms, warmups. All accessories will all be licensed under the Nike and LeBron James ''LJ23'' Trademarks.

The rest of the UA athletic program is under contract with Adidas through 2013.

''I'm from Akron and the University of Akron is my hometown school,'' James said in a statement. ''Because of my ties to the Akron community, the University and coach Keith Dambrot it is important to me that UA is designated as a Nike/LeBron James LJ23 School. I want to be sure that coach Dambrot's guys look great head to toe.''

LeBron James, Nike and the University of Akron men's basketball program reached an agreement on a three-year contract, the university announced Wednesday.

The Zips men's basketball team will wear Nike apparrel, including shoes, game uniforms, warmups. All accessories will all be licensed under the Nike and LeBron James ''LJ23'' Trademarks.

The rest of the UA athletic program is under contract with Adidas through 2013.

''I'm from Akron and the University of Akron is my hometown school,'' James said in a statement. ''Because of my ties to the Akron community, the University and coach Keith Dambrot it is important to me that UA is designated as a Nike/LeBron James LJ23 School. I want to be sure that coach Dambrot's guys look great head to toe.''

For years the Zips have had the best besketball jerseys in the MAC, I guess we will see what Nike/LJ23 will do with them (for better or worse). Lebron never got the chance to play for his hometown Zips but now he is part of the team.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

This is kind of funny. LeBron is making it out like he has a connection to the school, even though we all know he would not think about going there had he not gone pro.

This is kind of funny. LeBron is making it out like he has a connection to the school, even though we all know he would not think about going there had he not gone pro.

Yea. He currently has his logo on the Ohio State jerseys too. It's the same deal there.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived