Reviving the ABA

Turkleton

I really wasnt sure how well this concept would go, the name 'Chaparrals' doesnt really lend itself to many great ideas. So I did a bit of research and found out that another name for chaparral is roadrunner. I did think about changing the team name to Dallas Roadrunners but I wanted to avoid any actual name changes so I decided to create my own cheery little chaparral but make him a little more roadrunner-esque.

There isnt really much to say about this one, I didnt have in mind that it would be retro, or modern, or fierce, or whatever. I just went with the flow and this is what came out.

The alternate vest is, obviously, quite plain, but that is on purpose. I wanted a clean, simple look, something a bit different from the home and away.

Overall Im happy with it. Uniforms are abit different without being too out-there, and Im growing quite fond of that speedy little fellow... ^_^

C&C would be grand, next up is Denver Rockets

Turk

dallaschaparralsmg8.png

sigen.jpg

I really wasnt sure how well this concept would go, the name 'Chaparrals' doesnt really lend itself to many great ideas. So I did a bit of research and found out that another name for chaparral is roadrunner. I did think about changing the team name to Dallas Roadrunners but I wanted to avoid any actual name changes so I decided to create my own cheery little chaparral but make him a little more roadrunner-esque.

There isnt really much to say about this one, I didnt have in mind that it would be retro, or modern, or fierce, or whatever. I just went with the flow and this is what came out.

The alternate vest is, obviously, quite plain, but that is on purpose. I wanted a clean, simple look, something a bit different from the home and away.

Overall Im happy with it. Uniforms are abit different without being too out-there, and Im growing quite fond of that speedy little fellow... ^_^

C&C would be grand, next up is Denver Rockets

Turk

dallaschaparralsmg8.png

The logo is fine. But the White and Blue jerseys look like you got them from Australian Rules Football. Sorry, but they don't come across as "basketball." And the lettering and number font on the alternate jersy is just plain-and-simple TOO FAT. It is hard to read.

I think your logos are ok, but your uniforms always seem to leave something to be desired. These just don't look like basketball uniforms, and even a "outside-the-box" league like the ABA tended to use at least semi-traditional uniforms most of the time.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I think your logos are ok, but your uniforms always seem to leave something to be desired. These just don't look like basketball uniforms, and even a "outside-the-box" league like the ABA tended to use at least semi-traditional uniforms most of the time.

Ok, thats fine, but can you elaborate...?? If I can rectify that I definetly want to. Im working on the Denver Rockets at the moment but I'm not even close to starting the uniforms, so if you can be more detailed I can hopefully get them right next time...??

Turk

sigen.jpg

Archived