Phillies 'Day Game' Alts

wman

That's a good point about the jersey template - when I think back to when I really got serious about watching baseball as a kid in the early 1970s, it seems like a lot of teams used the raglan template, particularly for the pull-over jerseys. Now the only teams I can think of off the top of my head who use the raglan template are the Yankees, Cubs and Red Sox (an irony being that the Red Sox were one of the few teams to have set-in sleeves on the pullovers in the 1970s). The pinstripes on the Yankees and Cubs uniforms do show up much better than the other pinstripe teams.

FWIW, the Brewers wear raglan sleeves as well.

I prefer the line of set-in sleeves except for teams with pinstripes - raglan looks so much better than mismatched pinstripes not coming together on the shoulder line.

Anyone have any idea if the Phils alts are for this year only or are long term? They were introduced as a homage to the '48 unis, and while I liked them initially, I've already gotten sick of them.

I wish they'd return 'Star in P' for interleague too, while I'm complaining....

My guess is that the Phillies will wear their retro cream uniforms for this year only. I read an article that they're wearing them only for this season, the same day they unveiled them, but I'm not sure. It would be better if they added a red alternate jersey for home games and a blue alternate for the road, but I doubt that will happen. We'll just have to see.

Archived