Griffey to Pale Hose

Discrim

I'm still scratching my head on this move. Why do the White Sox need him and how exactly does a declining superstar help them? I just don't see how he fits on the team. I think this is a move to make a move. Of all the moves made this goes up there with the Angels signing Gary Matthews, Jr., and the Dodgers signing of Juan Pierre and Andrew Jones, it just doesn't equate. Actually I think the Dodgers signing of Andrew Jones seems to fit this trade by the White Sox. I just see Griffey not doing much as the Twins find a way to over take them and then we watch Ozzie finally get fired. This is the move that will get Ozzie fired.

I'm still scratching my head on this move. Why do the White Sox need him and how exactly does a declining superstar help them? I just don't see how he fits on the team. I think this is a move to make a move. Of all the moves made this goes up there with the Angels signing Gary Matthews, Jr., and the Dodgers signing of Juan Pierre and Andrew Jones, it just doesn't equate. Actually I think the Dodgers signing of Andrew Jones seems to fit this trade by the White Sox. I just see Griffey not doing much as the Twins find a way to over take them and then we watch Ozzie finally get fired. This is the move that will get Ozzie fired.

I don't think it was exactly Ozzie's call to go after Griffey. KW has had an erect penis for Griffey for a while. He could make a difference on the southside and he may not. That can be said the same if we had gotten someone like a Kemp, Texieira or Bay. We're a power team, and maybe a change of scenery will breathe some new life into him. We didn't give up much anyways. We have better pitchers besides Masset and Danny Richar wasn't exactly the second baseman of the future.

I'm just shocked that KW didn't make another move. I was hearing about the Nick Swisher to Washington for Hanrahan and Lannan deal but apparently it didn't go through.

2IA3b.png

Lannan would have been perfect for us. I was actually hoping Kenny would trade for any reliever on the market; Street, Rhodes, Hanrahan, etc. It kinda sucks, 'cause now we have to rely on guys like Broadway, Wassermann or Richard, and they haven't really proven they can pitch at the major league level. Contreras will be pitching be next week Friday (against the Red Sox, I think) and the thought of that really makes me want to kill myself.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Lannan would have been perfect for us. I was actually hoping Kenny would trade for any reliever on the market; Street, Rhodes, Hanrahan, etc. It kinda sucks, 'cause now we have to rely on guys like Broadway, Wassermann or Richard, and they haven't really proven they can pitch at the major league level. Contreras will be pitching be next week Friday (against the Red Sox, I think) and the thought of that really makes me want to kill myself.

In all fairness, Richard's last start was a good start. His defense kinda collapsed around him though.

What really surprises me is looking at the Charlotte Knights' page. They say what players are a part of the 40-man CWS roster, and Chris Getz isn't a part of it. As far as pitchers go we'll have MacDougal, Broadway, Egbert, Haeger and Russell. and we'll also have Jerry Owens, who can prove valuable if he stays healthy.

2IA3b.png

In all fairness, Richard's last start was a good start. His defense kinda collapsed around him though.

Which is why I really don't want Contreras around anymore. I'd much rather see guys like Richard go out there and get some experience than see Jose throwing these stupid forkballs of his in the dirt.

Whoa.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/roste...ve.jsp?c_id=cws

Interesting. Ken Griffey Jr is listed as #30 and Nick Swisher is now #1

Yeah - I heard about that yesterday. Nick is a class act, to say the least. "Dirty 30" is no more. "Dirty 1" sounds incredibly perverted.......

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Archived