Topeka Chl Team Name

Ez Street

Here is the scoop, Topeka will have a Central hockey League team next season. We used to have a team in that league named the Topeka Scarecrows. That team has since moved to a Junior league and has moved to St. Louis, MO. My question is, What do you think sounds good as a nickname for the team?

Here are a few of my favorites...

Topeka Railmen

Topeka Railers

Topeka Terror

Topeka Twisters (If we have to have a Tornado team name)

Here is a list of the origional team nickname suggestions from 1998.....

Of the some 400 nicknames suggested, the field was narrowed to ScareCrows, Twisters, Wizards, Rattlers and Stampede.

I like Topeka Terror. I don't know if Topeka has any corn fields but you could have a monster or some dark guy peaking out of a field or some tall crops.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Corn fields? Hell yeah we got'em. :D

I'm partial to anything deal with the Railroad. This town was built bascially by the Rail industry. I mean after all there used to be the Atchison, Topeka, Santa Fe Railroad. Which is just now Burlington Northern/ Santa Fe. They have a large shop here in town. And we always had a train horn go off when the old Scarecrows scored a goal.

Still, I think Topeka Terror is a great original idea and one path that not many teams have ventured down.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived