Melbourne Cup

collingwood

Does anybody take any interest in the Melbourne Cup in Australia?

For those who do, Bart Cumming's won his 12th Melbourne Cup with Viewed.

Bart turns 81 in ten days, so it's a pretty fair effort for a trainer at that age to be winning

horse races, let alone the Melbourne Cup. It was also his 250th Group 1 win.

Septimus and Mad Rush were favorites, but both had poor runs.

Results were

1st - 10. Viewed

2nd - 12. Bauer

3rd - 4. C'est La Guerre

Last - 3. Honolulu

Last year, my footy club got together and watched it. But I wasn't on my club then, so I didn't. I asked around this year, but it didn't happen. It's rough because it comes on at 11:15 on a Monday night over here. Oh well... maybe next year.

philly.png

Now what was with the Irish horses?

I think they were badly ridden or badly trained, don't know why they think they can come over, not race until

the Melbourne Cup and think they can win. They really need to have a few runs and experience the conditions

and it wouldn't hurt having a local jockey too.

Well the international horses ridden by Aussie jockeys did alright. Maybe it was the jockey and possibly also the trainer and tactics they use in Europe. But surely logic tells you in a 2 mile race, you don't go out hard. Experience of Melbourne Cups would tell you whoever is leading past the post the first time never wins. Hasn't Obrien been over here before to experience the best race in the land? Cos by the way his horses ran, he had no idea. I'm no expert on horse racing but the aim in the cup is to run the 2miles right out.

Looks like the Japanese horses will be coming back next year.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived