2 Helmet Observations

buckeyes

So like most Americans I was glued to my tv set watching football during this thanksgiving break. And like most posters on this board I was paying very close attention to details on the uniforms on display. I noticed two unique and i guess different things. The first occurred while watching the Ohio Division 1 State Championship game in beautiful HD (which i couldn't believe because it was a high school game). The game was St. Ignatius against Cincinnati Elder. St. Ignatius wore some wonderfully classic blue and yellow uniforms, they looked excellent. They're helmets are a three stripe and each player has their number outside of the stripes. Scott McVey, a stud at Iggy's, wears the number 40. His helmet usually would look like this (a quick hand drawing in paint):

mcvey1.jpg

but he did something unique, he must have bummed an extra 4 out of the equitment room and the back of his helmet read this:

mcvey2.jpg

which is a shout out to the Cleveland area in which the school is located. I thought it was very cool. The area code is usually seen on the players eye black but he took it one step further and got it on his helmet. The other observation was during the Chargers game today. Someone on the defensive line either number 95 or 96, somewhere around there. Had two riddel logos on his helmet. There were like two tags above his facemask or something. I'm not sure what player it was but he was definetly on the chargers. Did anybody else notice this? I'll try to find a picture.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

So like most Americans I was glued to my tv set watching football during this thanksgiving break. And like most posters on this board I was paying very close attention to details on the uniforms on display. I noticed two unique and i guess different things. The first occurred while watching the Ohio Division 1 State Championship game in beautiful HD (which i couldn't believe because it was a high school game). The game was St. Ignatius against Cincinnati Elder. St. Ignatius wore some wonderfully classic blue and yellow uniforms, they looked excellent. They're helmets are a three stripe and each player has their number outside of the stripes. Scott McVey, a stud at Iggy's, wears the number 40. His helmet usually would look like this (a quick hand drawing in paint):

mcvey1.jpg

but he did something unique, he must have bummed an extra 4 out of the equitment room and the back of his helmet read this:

mcvey2.jpg

which is a shout out to the Cleveland area in which the school is located. I thought it was very cool. The area code is usually seen on the players eye black but he took it one step further and got it on his helmet. The other observation was during the Chargers game today. Someone on the defensive line either number 95 or 96, somewhere around there. Had two riddel logos on his helmet. There were like two tags above his facemask or something. I'm not sure what player it was but he was definetly on the chargers. Did anybody else notice this? I'll try to find a picture.

Except that St. Ignatius is in the 216 area code. :D Maybe he has friends in the western suburbs?

BB52Big.jpg

hahaha i wasn't sure if anybody was from the area would notice this, but you are indeed correct. the 216 and 440 area codes are very close together. He could be from the 440 or maybe he just wanted to give a shout out to the westside?

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Archived