Recycled jerseys?!?

NickNickNick

A lot of NHL teams used to recycle jerseys, although I doubt any of them do with the new edge uniforms. I know the Bruins used to do it, and I'm pretty sure that the Blackhawks did the same.

..a fellow GW jersey collector came across a whole storage unit with original jerseys given by the Chicago Blackhawks to the Portland Winterhawks for their innaugural season of the WHL. The jerseys are the blackhawks and tagged in 73,74 and a few 76. It has the wilson and gunzo tags, with the unique chain stiching on the emblems that gunzo used.

I was going to mention that. The story is that the owners of the two teams were friends, so the Winter Hawks would get the old Blackhawks jerseys. This trend continued into the 80s, you can see pictures of Cam Neely wearing jerseys with the "C" cross sticks patch from when he played with the Winter Hawks from 1982-84

SEAsig.png

I was going to mention that. The story is that the owners of the two teams were friends, so the Winter Hawks would get the old Blackhawks jerseys. This trend continued into the 80s, you can see pictures of Cam Neely wearing jerseys with the "C" cross sticks patch from when he played with the Winter Hawks from 1982-84

To help you prove your point:

CNPW.jpg

Nice Cooperalls!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Thats for the picture evidence. Kinda off topic, but just wanted to test the waters and see what you guys think...I'm thinking I need a Neely Hawks jersey (I got to alot of their home games) and I'm torn on how to do this. It bugs me when I see the guy with the RBK tagged jersey that says Neely #21 as he never played in that style (its a black alternate at that) but it looks great. I'm debating between getting an old Blackhawks with the "C" patches like he wore and getting it done up with his name and number, or using one of my old CCM rear hem tagged jerseys with the "P" patches like we have adopted in years since. The side of me that strives for authenticity like the "C" jersey idea, but at the same time it bugs me that people wear Blackhawks jerseys to the game, like its close enough, not actual Winter Hawks jerseys, so Id then become the thing I despise! How say you?

SEAsig.png

Archived