Montreal to be rocked by massive news tomorrow?

STL FANATIC

It's a life in a glass fishbowl existence in La Belle Province for the beloved Habs.

Look at poor Carey Price and his pictures.

You think Vinny Lecavalier or any other homegrown talent wants to come back and deal with that b.s.?

I don't know Lecavalier well enough to say, but some players enjoy the spotlight. Mats Sundin loved playing in Toronto, which has the 2nd most demanding media after Montreal. When he left Toronto, he could've gone to a "nobody cares' market, but instead chose Vancouver. Some players like the pressure, some dont (Brian McCabe :wacko: )

To be fair, Toronto (and certainly Vancouver) are much more forgiving fanbases than Montreal. By far.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a life in a glass fishbowl existence in La Belle Province for the beloved Habs.

You think Vinny Lecavalier or any other homegrown talent wants to come back and deal with that b.s.?

I don't know Lecavalier well enough to say, but some players enjoy the spotlight. Mats Sundin loved playing in Toronto, which has the 2nd most demanding media after Montreal. When he left Toronto, he could've gone to a "nobody cares' market, but instead chose Vancouver. Some players like the pressure, some dont (Brian McCabe :wacko: )

To be fair, Toronto (and certainly Vancouver) are much more forgiving fanbases than Montreal. By far.

I don't know about Vancouver as I've never lived there, but when the Leafs are competitive, the media here is almost as bad as the media in Montreal. The current rebuilding phase has given the Leafs a free ride for the past 2 years.

1zqy8ok.gif

I don't know about Vancouver as I've never lived there, but when the Leafs are competitive, the media here is almost as bad as the media in Montreal. The current rebuilding phase has given the Leafs a free ride for the past 2 years.

And everyone's saying Montreal is bad?? At least over here, the players get a freebie when they win games. It's when the losing streak begins that the media shows up. If the Habs weren't slumping this month, who thinks the mafia story would have been a news headliner? **no one raises their hand**

Speaking as a Montrealer (I'm actually from the south shore but whatever), I don't pay much attention to most of the jargon concerning the personnal life of Habs players. I haven't read anything concerning Theo's father's drug dealing issues back then, and I did not read anything about the current situation either. I hear about it from my entourage, but that's where it stops. I only care when they are competitive. If they aren't, there's alot of other good programs on television...

Archived