2006 WBC USA Cap Question

gEO 3b 4

I know this might seem like an unusual topic, and somewhat random 3 years later. But with the WBC soon upon us again, I noticed that the red Team USA 2006 WBC cap I bought from MLB.com last winter didn't seem to appear at all in the tournament a few years ago. I noticed that the only red design for this years Classic was with the White logo, which I remember from 2006. But I bought a cap from MLB.com probably sometime LAST winter that was an authentic red 2006 Team USA cap with a RED logo (blue star). I looked back at all the photos from the 06 Classic I could find and have not seen this picture in one of them. The only red cap logo CC has listed on the site is the White one.

97f1ycd75tvxpnj5py55.gif

45239806.jpg

fb5kS5CI.jpg

The hat I own is this one, which I ordered from MLB as an "06 WBC USA AUTHENTIC ALTERNATE"

redwbc.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, couldn't find my camera so I snapped it real quick with my phone.

Can anyone explain this for me? Is my cap a mistake? Were there two red alternate caps for team USA? Did they design one that wasn't used? What's the deal, I'm so confused.

Thanks.

The cap is no longer on the site, they were almost out of stock when I bought it (which is why I bought it, it was on clearance).

I do have some of the information from the order though though. Idk if that helps at all.

USA NE AU ALT WBC 06 CAP SCARLET

Size: 7 3/8

Color: Scarlet

Ref.#: S2392286

Item # 2164601

Who can i contact to ask about this? New Era? Mlb.com?

I know it's not a big deal, but it's driving me crazy.

That was the logo for the 2000 Olympic Team batting practice cap.

1603003_l.jpg

I'll guess it was resurrected in error for a batch of the similarly colored alt caps for the 2006 WBC. New Era has been known to make errors from time to time. Here in Boston, I've recently seen the new Red Sox alt caps with both red buttons and blue buttons.

That was the logo for the 2000 Olympic Team batting practice cap.

1603003_l.jpg

I'll guess it was resurrected in error for a batch of the similarly colored alt caps for the 2006 WBC. New Era has been known to make errors from time to time. Here in Boston, I've recently seen the new Red Sox alt caps with both red buttons and blue buttons.

That's sort of my issue. I want to know if it is an error cap or if it was game issued but never used.

Archived