2009 IndyCar Season

DelayedPenalty

The season is 3 races in already, so I figured I'd start an "official" thread for the series. The biggest race of the year is coming up at the end of the month, the Indianapolis 500!

Highlights of the season so far:

~ Helio's legal battle keeps him from the first race of the year in St. Petersburg. Will Power fills in and does an exceptional job. Briscoe wins the opening round

~ Helio returns for Long Beach, Penske fields a third car for Will Power, who promptly shows that he deserves a ride and sticks the car on the pole.

~ Dario drives an amazing racing, using two lucky pit stops to vault him to the top step of the podium. Danica uses the same strategy for a strong finish.

~ Scott Dixon regains his championship form at Kansas, winning the first oval race of the season. Helio finishes second despite having his qualifying time disallowed, and attemptiong to "bump draft" Vitor Merra.

Here's some awesome videos from indycar.com. Click on Vintage Races and have a look at some events that bring back a lot of memories! Those turbo powered engines sound SWEET!

I'm happy to see PT back for the Indy 500.

I also hope that there is some way that Will Power is able to keep the 12# ride for the rest of the year, from my understanding its still up in the air after Indianapolis. I'm usually a road course fan, but there are ovals that I do like. However, I hope the up coming ovals feature more than Scott Dixon (or Dario or the Penskes) running away from the field, I didn't enjoy this last Kansas race. It became a snoozefest. I'm hoping that Doornbos fares well this season.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Archived