MLB Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Arlight. I started this project in a seperate thread about a few weeks ago. It was my first go at a concept on here, and for most viewers it was just so-so. I looked around the boards and figured I needed to a) improve the thought process and originality of my designs and, B) improve my presentation.

So after some tool improvements, thanks to alot of you guys, and hopefully some quality improvements, I am going to restart. The idea in this series is as follows:

I also realized alot of MLB concepts are floating around, so... I aplogize for the repetitiveness...but I hope yall enjoy these.

ATLANTA BRAVES

For the Braves yall thought my design was headed in the right direction, but too simple. I did alot of toodling around, and finally came up with something I thought looked good...but again, it is so hard to do a Braves redesign without messing up an amazing uniform. I did too little on my last concept, so this time I wanted to create a completely different look while sacrificing the elements of their current look.

The main lightning rod I used in this concept is the fact that the Braves have really leaned recently towards a "Blue-er" look, if you will. Besides the white and grey, their uniforms have gotten a tad out of hand. So for this concept, I leaned hard on the Blue-er idea by using a cap similar to what they have favored on the road recently, and using blue as the dominant color in all three uniforms. Again, I used the feather as the enhancing element as opposed to the Tomohawk.

My other focus was to create a design that moved towards modernization, but at the same time paid homage to the older days. I realized the goofy throwback template I used last time was too farfetched, so instead I brought in vests and a unique undershirt that sports the feather design on the sleeve. The alternate is a full shirt and an alternate cap, and is for both home and away. I finished off the concept by adding a throwback style hat to go with the home set only. I thought this would be a unique way to spice the design up. The alternate cap turns the regular home set into a throwback style set simply with the switch of a cap, and would be worn at home night games only.

slide11.png

slide12.png

Slide4.png

Archived