Mets Survey - Jersey Concepts

erlovepuck

As you may have heard the Mets sent out an e-mail survey to fans which amongst other things included some jersey concepts. I thought this warranted its own thread and belonged here rather than the Sports Logos forums because these are concepts even though no one here made them. Here's some pictures which were posted on the Baseball Fever message boards:

UniformNY_1.jpg

Uniform_Blu_7.jpg

Uniform_multi_6.jpg

Count me as a fan of the second blue alt (orange Mets script). I hope no one voted for those last two with the colored side panels!

More info here: Metsblog

mets.png

As you may have heard the Mets sent out an e-mail survey to fans which amongst other things included some jersey concepts. I thought this warranted its own thread and belonged here rather than the Sports Logos forums because these are concepts even though no one here made them. Here's some pictures which were posted on the Baseball Fever message boards:

Count me as a fan of the second blue alt (orange Mets script). I hope no one voted for those last two with the colored side panels!

More info here: Metsblog

I would have voted for the one with the panels. But only because baseball uniforms are becoming really boring to look at. I grew up in the pullover era, and while the pullovers were atrocious, they did allow for blocks of color and broad striping. Now you either have pinstripes, piping down the front and around the sleeve, or nothing at all. Not surprisingly, pinstripes and piping are overdone. Baseball needs something to make these uniforms more interesting to look at.

I agree that the side panels could be better executed than this (perhaps something like the Mets had during the pullover era with the broad striping up the sides) but it's at least something new.

The orange script on the blue background would be my second choice. And I suppose if I were a Mets fan, it would probably be my first. I would shudder the thought of *my* team being the one to have to experiment like this. But someone's gotta.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Archived