Rough Riders vs. Giants

LEWJ

So I was looking through some Trivial Pursuit (Sports Edition) cards, reading questions to myself, and I came across this question:

"What NFL team defeated the Ottawa Rough Riders 27-6 in an exhibition game on August 12, 1950?"

Answer: New York Giants.

I never knew anything like this happened.

But what I was wondering is whether there are any ancient photographs from then?

I'm guessing there's not too many, especially because it was an exhibition game, and because it was in 1950.

But if there are any pics, I sure would love to see them.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So I was looking through some Trivial Pursuit (Sports Edition) cards, reading questions to myself, and I came across this question:

"What NFL team defeated the Ottawa Rough Riders 27-6 in an exhibition game on August 12, 1950?"

Answer: New York Giants.

I never knew anything like this happened.

But what I was wondering is whether there are any ancient photographs from then?

I'm guessing there's not too many, especially because it was an exhibition game, and because it was in 1950.

But if there are any pics, I sure would love to see them.

Not many pictures, but I do remember seeing this site: http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/Candian_Footb...ball_League.htm

The games were between 1950-1961, with the only win for the CFL being the Hamilton Tiger-cats over the AFL Buffalo Bills.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived