New York Rangers concept

IanPhoenix

Okay, I'm not much of an artist but I thought I'd take a stab at it today.

This concept replaces the main logo and the jerseys with somewhat new designs. I completely replaced all the royal blue with navy blue. With the logo, I also replaced the old text with the newer "NYR" script-style text. On the jerseys, the main thing you'll notice is that I replaced the diagonal "RANGERS" script with the logo. I feel this gives the sweaters more of a hockey feel. I also replaced the lettering/numbering with the same type that I used on the logo. I also added the Statue Of Liberty logo on the shoulders. On the home uniforms, I made the shoulders red, and the collar and RBK logo silver from the SOL logo. On the road unis, I kept all the shoulder striping the same, and just changed the NHL triangle to the same silver.

Some inspiration comes from the 1976-77 jerseys, but overall I think this would suit the team well. It keeps a lot of the classic look, and adds a touch of the new identity the team has seen.

Here are the images: main logo | home jersey | road jersey

C & C welcome

believew.jpg

the red in the logo is not the same as the red on the jerseys. I would fix that and it would look real nice.

Yeah, I had kept the red from the logo in the main area of this site, but I changed it now and I think this red is much sharper and clearer.

believew.jpg

I think this has the potential to be a really good concept but you executed it rather poorly.

One example is the A, the shoulder logo and the name are all too small while the numbers are huge! As well you forgot the numbers on the sleeve.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

not a fan. the red outline of NEW YORK RANGERS on the shield is really distracting and makes it hard to read. the font type can become really dated. too many teams (imho) use that shade of navy blue. the lighter shade blue is only used by the rangers and it makes them unique. that and the diagonal RANGERS on the sweater is also a unique feature for the rangers even though some teams have tried (and failed miserably) to copy it.

Archived