M.I.N.K. League logo re-design

Ez Street

I'm trying to improve my illustrator skills, thus I began making a new or "updated" logo for the Missouri Iowa Nebraska Kansas League or M.I.N.K. League as it's known.

Here is what I have.

newmink.jpg

The original M.I.N.K. League logo is in the bottom right hand corner.

Just looking for input from you guys. I've been getting good feedback on one of them, so if the majority like that one, I will probably call it quits on the design.

Thanks -

I like the baseball in the center of the top left, but I like the banner and text in the top right (except for the heavy maroon stroke), mostly because home plate is still visible. I like the map of the states with the team locations, maybe that could be incorporated into the baseball.

Bottom left, the mink just isn't doing it. It looks like a livetrace of the existing one, but it just looks sloppy. Maybe if the mink was redesigned somehow it would work better, but it's not doing it for me the way it is.

I like the baseball in the center of the top left, but I like the banner and text in the top right (except for the heavy maroon stroke), mostly because home plate is still visible. I like the map of the states with the team locations, maybe that could be incorporated into the baseball.

Bottom left, the mink just isn't doing it. It looks like a livetrace of the existing one, but it just looks sloppy. Maybe if the mink was redesigned somehow it would work better, but it's not doing it for me the way it is.

That Mink in the bottom left I did rather fast and admittedly sloppy. It was a place holder until I figured out if I even liked the idea of using the "Mink".

I like your idea of melding the top two, I might look into trying that out. Good ideas. Thank you.

I would stay away from the actual mink creature. It's a cool acronym and all, but the mink would just be too cute. What look are you going for? If you want to put something over the ball, you could always try the four states (also people would immediately get what M.I.N.K. stood for).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I agree with DelayedPenalty's suggestion of combining the two, it would let people know what the M.I.N.K. stood for, and I also like the banner of the top right.

Just out of curiosity, is the Nebraska team from Hastings?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I agree with DelayedPenalty's suggestion of combining the two, it would let people know what the M.I.N.K. stood for, and I also like the banner of the top right.

Beatrice, so yeah, I probably didn't move the dot over to the right far enough. :D

Beatrice, so yeah, I probably didn't move the dot over to the right far enough. :D

Oh, I thought it might of been Beatrice, but I wasn't sure, looked more like Hastings to me. :P

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived