Cross Country Meet T-Shirt

RoughRiders9

My old high school (Roosevelt) cross country coach have asked me to design a t-shirt for my high school's home meet, Roosevelt Heartland. The meet consists about 25 teams from the states of Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, most of the heartland states. This year will be the 4th year that my high school have hosted the meet.

There are a few things that are a must:

-Roosevelt's Trademark R (old fashion font)

-Roosevelt Heartland

-Cross Country Classic

-Try to keep a minimum of 2-3 colors (White, Silver/Grey, possibly Black)

I've designed the past 3 years' t-shirts and each year, I've put in some kind of hidden element of design in the shirt to symbol the number of years the meet is. For example, the first year, I put ONE running man (the stick figure) on the shirt. The 2nd year, I put in TWO slash marks behind the word marks. And last year for the 3rd year, I put in THREE squares. So I'd like the shirt to have four of something. That's why you see four running men on the shirt right now.

2009-Roosevelt-Heartland.jpg

Anyway, just let me know what you think of it. I'm open to C&C and will accept any ideas if you have some in mind.

Thanks!

IowaOaks.png

First of all, I love cross country, it is highly underrated as a high school sport. Beyond that I really like your design, with a few nitpicks. The 'cross country classic' is a bit small and the running men don't really fit in with what appears to be a design headed for a serious, no goofing around design. I don't have any ideas at the moment for your hidden four aspect, but in my opinion the running men don't fit.

First of all, I love cross country, it is highly underrated as a high school sport. Beyond that I really like your design, with a few nitpicks. The 'cross country classic' is a bit small and the running men don't really fit in with what appears to be a design headed for a serious, no goofing around design. I don't have any ideas at the moment for your hidden four aspect, but in my opinion the running men don't fit.

Yeah, I totally agree with you about the running men. I was always queasy about keeping them in there or not. But now with a different point of view, I've taken them out.

I still need ideas for the 4 aspects. I'm thinking of adding 4 stars right below the 2 0 0 9.

IowaOaks.png

I agree that the Cross Country Classic needs to be much bigger. It's the whole purpose for the shirt and you have it so tiny that all people will see is 'Roosevelt Heartland'...and the people need to change...not stick people, if you made them silhouettes of realistic people they'd look much better, that's just my suggestion and you'd be able to keep them as your four item...

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Archived