Rochester Red Wings - UPDATE 8/13

chestnutz

Well for me at least, I almost never see or hear people talking or caring about the Wings game at all. They aren't covered much in the D&C, the only time you'd see them on TV is a little 20 second clip on RNews or a few games on TWSN. Perhaps it's cause when I was a kid (late 90s) they really sucked, so that has psychologically made me always think the Wings suck and I don't care for them.

And I never said I created the FC logo, if you read my post, I said I made slight changes to the logo which was NOT made by me.

Thank you for your history lesson though, always good to see other peeps from the ROC around here.

Not to split hairs, but if you read my post, you can see that I didn't say that you claimed to have created the "FC" logo... in RIPmetrodome's post, he implied that you created the FC logo, and I just wanted to set the record straight.

Also, while in the 1990's the Wings did have some hit and miss years, in 1997 they won the Governor's Cup, and in 1996 they made it to the finals (but lost the championship) so you can't suggest that they sucked during the whole period of the late '90s. If you don't care for the Wings, that's obviously your prerogative, but in justifying your opinion you should avoid using broad generalizations that aren't backed by fact.

I should also add that chestnutz had a point that there definitely were some off-years recently, especially following the 1997 Governor's cup championship that I referred to. In fact the Wings' poor performance in the 5 seasons of 1998 - 2002 and the lack of support from the Orioles were a large contributor to the Wings' decision to sign on with the Twins in '03. Anyone here (from Rochester) remember when Dan Mason (Wings GM) camped out in the bullpen during the Wings' 12-game losing streak in '02?

I also agree with chestnutz in his original point that red-black-yellow is a great color scheme. I'm torn between liking that as a combination of colors that works well together, and agreeing with Bulldog that the Wings should be red and navy. On one hand red and navy would fit in perfectly with the Twins. On the other hand the red-black-yellow combination is very unique in baseball and the Wings make it work well. I just hate the use of the black jersey at home. I think the Wings' best uniforms in recent years were the all-white unis with red caps worn from 2001 - 2005. I died a little when they switched back to black in 2006...

Archived