Nintendo Disc System - NHL Connection

The Green Meanie

Wasn't there a lot of talk in the late 80s about the White Sox moving to Florida... Tampa Bay to be specific?

But this game is definitely a coincidence. The names chosen all sound stereotypically "western" or "northern" (from a Japanese/Eastern perspective) for the same reason the Japanese team in almost all US games was named the Samurais.

The White Sox, Mariners, and Twins (IIRC) were all Tampa bound.

Ahh, Blades of Steel. Crappy digitized voices, fighting, good times. Sometimes, I really miss those ol' NES games.

The Giants also announced they were moving to St. Petes in the early 90s (and Toronto in '76)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ahh, Blades of Steel. Crappy digitized voices, fighting, good times. Sometimes, I really miss those ol' NES games.

"Hit the pad!"

I never realized that's what it said.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

"Hit the pad!"

You mean "HIZZAPAH!"? Good memories. I actually credit Blades of Steel as a main reason why I became a hockey fan. Before the Canes came to town, the only real exposure to hockey that I got was through video games.

Archived