The future classes of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

Wasatch

Next decade's Hall of Fame choices not so clear

I found the above article by Vince Thomas surfing through NBA.com today and I was a bit shocked. If you read you'll see Vince listing Alonzo Mourning as a likely first ballot Hall of Fame player. Now I don't know about you, but it seems as though the Hall has lowered it's standards quite a bit over the years when you start throwing the likes of Mourning and Mutombo in there. Sure, these are great guys with as much work they've done for charities but Hall of Fame material? Give me a break! These guys will most likely be remembered for their kind giving nature off the court and not their merits on it!

Now let's talk about "THE MAYBES" on Vince's list. He's listing Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Tim Hardaway, and Chris Mullin as a group of guys who may slip in. Now I can see that happening for Mullin but definitely not Tim Hardaway! Now don't get me wrong, Tim's crossover and moves were unbelievable back in the day but how could you throw him in the HOF and not Kevin Johnson?

Like I said, I never thought I'd see the day when the likes of a 5-time All-Star would be entering the Hall. At this rate, they'll have to great another Hall of the absolute Elite!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Every Hall of Fame that isn't baseball's plays pretty fast and loose with its criteria for greatness. Worrying about who they induct is about as productive as worrying what the neighbors are making for dinner.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I found the above article by Vince Thomas surfing through NBA.com today and I was a bit shocked. If you read you'll see Vince listing Alonzo Mourning as a likely first ballot Hall of Fame player. Now I don't know about you, but it seems as though the Hall has lowered it's standards quite a bit over the years when you start throwing the likes of Mourning and Mutombo in there. Sure, these are great guys with as much work they've done for charities but Hall of Fame material? Give me a break! These guys will most likely be remembered for their kind giving nature off the court and not their merits on it!

Now let's talk about "THE MAYBES" on Vince's list. He's listing Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Tim Hardaway, and Chris Mullin as a group of guys who may slip in. Now I can see that happening for Mullin but definitely not Tim Hardaway! Now don't get me wrong, Tim's crossover and moves were unbelievable back in the day but how could you throw him in the HOF and not Kevin Johnson?

Like I said, I never thought I'd see the day when the likes of a 5-time All-Star would be entering the Hall. At this rate, they'll have to great another Hall of the absolute Elite!

It is not a NBA Hall of Fame, it is Basketball's Hall of Fame. The entire body of one's work goes into consideration.

It is not a NBA Hall of Fame, it is Basketball's Hall of Fame. The entire body of one's work goes into consideration.

I know that, hence why Bill Walton's in there despite his pathetic injury prone NBA career, but what about charitable contributions a player makes, are they taken into account when considering the player?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived