NBA Europe Live Uniforms

DustDevil61

As a Utah Jazz fan, and as one who's been to jolly ole' Britain, are we going to see the Jazz and Bulls' uniforms with the Union Jack on them? What about when the Jazz play Real Madrid (no, not that one) decked out in the Spanish national flag? I'd like to get one, or at least a t-shirt version, if they're available.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Have any of the teams that have played here changed their unis? I know there were French, Italian, Russian and Spanish jerseys, but IIRC whenever teams play here they just wear a Union Jack patch.

Going OT, I'd like to see more of a tour around the country rather than just playing 1 game in London. Sure, it's the capital, sure, the newest NBA-standard arena's there, but Birmingham and Manchester (to name 2 cities) have arenas that can seat up to 18000 people with a regulation court. It could just be that I'm anti-London (hate the place, hate the O2 arena, it's a b*tch to get to), but I think the rest of the UK should be given a chance.

It actually worked out cheaper last year to just go to the Berlin game than it did to travel a couple hundred miles to the London game...

Have any of the teams that have played here changed their unis? I know there were French, Italian, Russian and Spanish jerseys, but IIRC whenever teams play here they just wear a Union Jack patch.

Going OT, I'd like to see more of a tour around the country rather than just playing 1 game in London. Sure, it's the capital, sure, the newest NBA-standard arena's there, but Birmingham and Manchester (to name 2 cities) have arenas that can seat up to 18000 people with a regulation court. It could just be that I'm anti-London (hate the place, hate the O2 arena, it's a b*tch to get to), but I think the rest of the UK should be given a chance.

It actually worked out cheaper last year to just go to the Berlin game than it did to travel a couple hundred miles to the London game...

Speaking as someone who lives very close to London, let me make the pro London case for a second. The population of London is something like 14 million, if you include Greater London. The population of England is 50 million, the UK is around 60 million. So just under a 1/4 of the population of the UK lives within Greater London, just over 1/4 of the English population is within Greater London.

The O2 is actually reasonably easy to get to, at least using the underground. Personally I wouldn't travel around London any other way. I think also you have to see that London is really alone in the UK as a major city that gets headlines in the US. Personally I would like to see more international events spread around England, but I think the NBA style one off games over from America really can only be played in London.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, it's nice to see another Brit here. It's probably just my anti-London bias speaking, but I did find it quite tricky both times I've visited the O2. Then again, I find generally that travelling on the tube is a nightmarish experience at the best of times, and that's coming from someone who spent a big chunk of his life living in or just outside London. Mind you, I don't like the idea of the underground in the first place - I hate crowds and enclosed places...

Although I have to admit that I didn't have any problems getting to or from O2 on tuesday. In fact, it was probably the smoothest tube journey I've been on. Shame the game wasn't worth it... :P

Archived