THN Hockey Jersey Collecter's Edition

kiwi_canadian

I got my copy of The Hockey News' Jersey Edition yesterday and I must say it is fantastic. Debates on whites for away or home, wool vs. synthetics, should it be called a hockey sweater or a hockey jersey, uniforms from the past major and minor leagues, including my home town Victoria Cougars who won the Cup back in 1925 (Who could forget those beautiful baby blue jerseys with gold trim and lettering. Lester Patrick was a genius!), and some interesting facts about teams and their uniforms. There were also some revealings on some team's 3rds for this season and in the near future. It was said in Colorado's section that their new 3rds this season will be a light shade of blue with Colorado in diagonal down the front (which we already knew), as well as saying the Blue Jackets will be getting a 3rd in the near future (which I believe was already said on the forum somewhere). The interesting thing I found was in the Florida Panthers section. There was no mention of an upcoming 3rd being released but there was mention of a yellow fan jersey that was released around the start of the franchise and it is a HUGE collector's item and they are quickly snapped up on Ebay. My question is does anyone here have a picture of it or have they seen it?

That could be the one and boy am I glad that wasn't released...as for other 3rds, all the ones talked about on the forum were talked about in the magazine, with the exception of the Panthers alternate. There was talk about Buffalo and the Islanders going back to the updated retro logo and jersey for next season (which we knew) as well as Edmonton getting rid of those PJ uniforms in favor of the retros. However nothing more. I did find it interesting that they said the first Coyotes logo was one of the best...and I have to agree. It was a unique logo and represented the local first nations of the area well.

That could be the one and boy am I glad that wasn't released...as for other 3rds, all the ones talked about on the forum were talked about in the magazine, with the exception of the Panthers alternate. There was talk about Buffalo and the Islanders going back to the updated retro logo and jersey for next season (which we knew) as well as Edmonton getting rid of those PJ uniforms in favor of the retros. However nothing more. I did find it interesting that they said the first Coyotes logo was one of the best...and I have to agree. It was a unique logo and represented the local first nations of the area well.

Perhaps the first Coyotes logo was also a prelude to the state of disarray the organization would be in while calling the desert home.

Perhaps the first Coyotes logo was also a prelude to the state of disarray the organization would be in while calling the desert home.

Yeah, thats the yellow panther jersey. I had wanted oen when I was 7 years old, and my mom cheaped out and bought a red jersey at Kmart after the Stanley Cup.

I finally got my hands on the yellow, after asking various fans at games if they'd trade it for an authentic naby blue plus 20 bucks.

How I got it? I was playing hockey one night, and the other goalie showed up wearing it. A helmet, a blue jersey, and 20 bucks later it was mine. Although, 2 sizes too big. I'm happy I have it though. it's a beaut. I want to put Vanbiesbrouck on it, but I'm definatly using Navy Letters and Numbers on it.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived