Patriots throwbacks

SPORTSDOCTOR

I fully hope that Breast Cancer is conquered as soon as possible, but I think that 1) we are constantly overexposed to the specific cause of breast cancer, and 2) ridiculous accessories in various sports are not necessary to raise money or awareness.

Right on man.

I've got a parent dying from a type of cancer no one outside the oncology field has generally heard of. How about some pub for some of the lesser known types, or other afflictions out there just as bad - heart diease, AIDS, parallysis, ALS, etc...

I don't see why they have to latch onto one and ride it for a whole month.

If they wanted to really get the word out about Breast Cancer awareness or any other type of cancer then let the Pharmaceutical companies advertise it. They do a pretty damn good job with all of the damn drug commercials. I was humming that damn Celebrex song for months when it first came out: "Ceeelebrate Ceeelebrex!"

Of course, to quote Chris Rock: "There's no money in the cure...the money's in the medicine"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a parent dying from a type of cancer no one outside the oncology field has generally heard of. How about some pub for some of the lesser known types, or other afflictions out there just as bad - heart diease, AIDS, parallysis, ALS, etc...

Maybe the NFL can do something to raise funding and awareness for chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived